• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Try Saving taclke?

W

wygy

There've been a few that come to mind

Gregan on Wilson - Bledisloe Cup

and more recently Lewsey on De Villiers - Autmn Intenational 2006 at Twicks, England were literally a lewesy tackle away from becoming the worst english team in history, according to the record books

and even more recently
Hernandez on Tuiligi (Stade v Leicester) about 2 weeks ago, 15st argentine fullback knocking a full steam running 18st tuialgi off his feet brilliant inches away from the tryline.... :bravo:

There've been a few that come to mind

Gregan on Wilson - Bledisloe Cup

and more recently Lewsey on De Villiers - Autmn Intenational 2006 at Twicks, England were literally a lewesy tackle away from becoming the worst english team in history, according to the record books

and even more recently
Hernandez on Tuiligi (Stade v Leicester) about 2 weeks ago, 15st argentine fullback knocking a full steam running 18st tuialgi off his feet brilliant inches away from the tryline.... :bravo:
[/b]

That one Lewsey did on the South African player in the Autumn internationals was awesome.

Also the one the replay official did on the Northampton team a few months back during the Saints V Bristol game was pretty unbelievable.

Lewsey vs De Villiers.

De Villiers was too greedy and arrogant for his own good and refused to pass even though it was becoming increasingly obvious that Lewsey, like an exocet missile bearing down on the British Task Force, was going to catch the Bok.

In the slow motion replay, you can see the point where De Villier's face turns from one of smug satisfaction to total surprise as Lewsey catches him. Fantastic run and tackle by Lewsey!

Me and Cameron Ellis taking the ball carrier down after chasing him down 60m to win us the 2003 Central West Rugby Union U15s Premiership, just 5m short of the line...had the fella from Dubbo Roos score, they woulda just won.

So yes, thats the best try saving tackle in my books :p

Jeff Wilson had good skills, but everyone will remember him being the one who got owned by Gregan

2002, England vs New Zealand at Twickenham.

Ben Cohen covers from the opposite wing to put Ben Blair into touch with minutes remaining.

2002, England vs New Zealand at Twickenham.

Ben Cohen covers from the opposite wing to put Ben Blair into touch with minutes remaining.
[/b]
Lol...don't remind me!

Hernandes' tackle on Tuilagi in the Heineken Cup quarter finals recently.
It was a huge hit, i couldn't believe how he took the big man out like that.
It was all so surreal to watch.
Just brilliant.

Hernandez on Tuilagi was just great.

Lewsey on de Villiers was a combo of great defence, wasteful attack. Why can't SA come up with good centres? Why can't England?

Lomu used to tackle?

Hernandez on Tuilagi was just great.

Lewsey on de Villiers was a combo of great defence, wasteful attack. Why can't SA come up with good centres? Why can't England?

Lomu used to tackle?
[/b]
Nah, I was referring to Mike Catts try saving tackles (95 and 99)

Breathtaking.

Yeah, I thought it was Mike Catt in 99 as well.
Someone from England told me it wasn't him, and it was Austin Healy :S

[/b]

The person who told you was probably Mike Catt, he is a modest guy after all :D

[/b]

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svCwYFgBZEQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svCwYFgBZEQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Show me where Mike Catt is.

Yes, that whistle does indeed confirm that it wasn't a try saving tackle.

Oh! How we have been taken for fools yet again! The shame!

EDIT: Look on the bright side lads, Josh Lewsey's ***le still stands!

Lewsey's tackle on De villiers was a beauty but was completely down to idiocy on De villiers part, if he hadn't been greedy the ball would've gone inside to Ndungane.

What about Henson on Rico Gear during the tour of hell?

Anyone know which international player has the most TST's?

Latest posts