• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Bledisloe 3] Australia v New Zealand in Brisbane 18/10/14

Ok, isn't there a clause that lets the AB selectors move players about, I know there used to be?

No. The ABs selectors have no say in which franchise players play for. Why would Pulu want to move next season though? The Chiefs are the only side he is guaranteed to start for (Weber has played well at NPC level, but is unproven at Super Rugby level). He wouldn't start at the Highlanders, Crusaders, or Hurricanes, and though he would probably be the favourite to start at the Blues both Hall and Cowan are solid Super Rugby players.

No. The ABs selectors have no say in which franchise players play for. Why would Pulu want to move next season though? The Chiefs are the only side he is guaranteed to start for (Weber has played well at NPC level, but is unproven at Super Rugby level). He wouldn't start at the Highlanders, Crusaders, or Hurricanes, and though he would probably be the favourite to start at the Blues both Hall and Cowan are solid Super Rugby players.
Fair point, just thinking long term and if he knows he will eventually have to move (who knows maybe Kerr-Barlow might have to!) might as well go now.

Fair point, just thinking long term and if he knows he will eventually have to move (who knows maybe Kerr-Barlow might have to!) might as well go now.

I agree - long term one of Pulu and Kerr-Barlow may have to move. There's probably no rush though, as who knows what will happen in a year or twos time...

Yeah it would appear you disagree completely with everything I write on here. You seem to have your nose out of joint over the fact I was involved in building the TMO's box at twickenham and I know that the TMO's do know whats going on in the stadium because you can't account for 88,000 screaming people coming through the walls, through the mic's and being incited by the Vision switcher provoking the crowds with relentless slow mo replays on the big screens, but hey, you live in your world daft cooky and I'll live in mine.

And this has what to do with the Bledisloe Cup?

You have been dogging my posts my like a randy Jack Russell that i can't shake off my leg.
Please grow up and leave my posts alone you freaky Lawnmower man.

I have no idea who you are. You're a noob who does not even register on my "who's who" of TRF, or at least you didn't until you just drew attention to what a dick-head you are.

With Kerr-Barlow out injured he should start the majority of the Chiefs matches next season. Perhaps he could look at moving after that (he would likely be 2nd choice at the Crusaders as long as Andy Ellis is still around).

Looks like it was a good move for him, as a Chiefs fan I see a lot of potential in this.

whilst they are our two most famous players of recent times, they aren't really a 'combination'. At RWC11 I was constantly fearful of McCaw's foot giving out and when Carter got injured I thought the world had ended! I think now we have a better squad than 2011, look who finished the match on Saturday. Conrad, Dagg, McCaw, Read and Mealamu were the only ones from 2011.

lol I remember when Carter got injured my response was, bugger but at least it is not McCaw injured.

I agree - long term one of Pulu and Kerr-Barlow may have to move. There's probably no rush though, as who knows what will happen in a year or twos time...

I actually think the one-two punch offered by TKB and Pulu is invaluable. Pulu has made it into the All Blacks as a reserve Super player, I don't see why that has to change any time soon!

I would far prefer just two Bledisloe Cup fixtures a season. It would perhaps give a better chance for AB's to play ITM Cup and give other players a much needed rest. The game is played for money and not for rugby reasons.

I actually think Pulu is the closes we have to what Aaron Smith offers with his vision long passes and speed. I'm looking forward to seeing him play test footy. I feel like TKB and Perenara dont seem to play their natural game for the AB's so far maybe that will change.

Crazy depth at 9 these days. I must admit I was never a big fan of Weepu, Cowan and Elis. I thought they were all too slow and clearing the ball. But Smith, Pulu and Perenara in particular I really like.

Latest posts