• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BLIC is back for 2007

A

ak47

I was just talking about a possible sequel this morning

Well here's the news

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6154346.html

Brian Lara's back at the crease
The world's leading Test run scorer returns for 2007, complete with an official World Cup mode.
By Phil Elliott, GameSpot UK
Posted Jul 20, 2006 12:30 pm PT

More Images (3) »
Screenshot Index » The only cricket game to ever reach number one in the Chart Track All Formats UK game chart was Brian Lara International Cricket 2005. Since then, cricket's profile in the UK has skyrocketed, most notably after the England team reclaimed the Ashes last summer. Although performances since then have been variable to say the least, anticipation is building for the Cricket World Cup next year. To capitalise on that, Codemasters has announced the release of Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 in March 2007.

The game will ship with several play modes, including an ICC Champions Trophy competition and one-off Tests or One-Day matches. Most notably, however, the game will include official ICC Cricket World Cup content, meaning that hundreds of the world's top cricketers will be fully licensed.

Several aspects of the game have been improved, including batting, bowling, and fielding. Player likenesses will now be photo-realistic, and all official World Cup stadia in the West Indies will be re-created for the game. Brian Lara International Cricket will be available for the Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 2 and will be playable online and across Xbox Live.

f*** YEAH!!!!!!
:D :bravo: :cheers:

Superb find.....

I've been hanging out for this press release for about 2 months!!

check the pics - its been polished up big time - although not sure if intro pics or x360 pics

it doesnt matter

its more liscensed - BLIC was the best cricket game of all time......it can only get better

also March2007 release window - same time as rugby normally - man that will be great times

It will be superb...

I reckon they're PS2 graphics - 360 will be amazing!! Hopefully they've incorporated some ideas that I posted at PlanetCricket, about the fielding...

I'll try and find it for you.

yeah i am lookin forward to some better screenshots, those were def ps2 ones as they were not very good quality.

would be good to see some pc/xbox 360 screenshots.

Xfingers crossedX

more info

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?***le=Rick...1e648f5a2d54b27

Ricky Ponting/Brian Lara Cricket 2007 confirmed
Out for the World Cup.
Atari has just confirmed that Codemasters are hard at work on the sequel to Ricky Ponting Cricket 2005, imaginatively ***led Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007 - or Brian Lara Cricket 2007, depending on where you live.

Apparently, the game will have 'official ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 content' - in other words, real players. Expect to see Andrew Flintoff, Mahendra Dhoni, Muttiah Muralitharan, and, of course, Ponting and Lara - not to mention a host of other crickters. There's also official player kits, stadia, and so on.

Coming out during the World Cup, it's only natural that the game would boast a World Cup mode, which, apparently, will be just like the real thing. In addition, there's also a Champion's Trophy mode, in case you get bored of playing the World Cup. Plus, there's your standard cricket game modes - test match, one day matches, Twenty20 games, and so on.

One of the biggest problems with the last game was the visuals. They weren't bad, but hardly in the upper echelon of gaming. So, it's good to hear that Codemasters are trying to create photo-realistic visuals for the game, each with 'real player likenesses', too. Stadiums will also be created to look just like the real thing. Subtle weather effects, such as altered lighting towards the end of play, will also apparently be in the game thanks to some high-tech graphical wizardry.

So enough of the superficial changes - what are Codemasters doing to the gameplay? As far as batting goes, there will be a few new strokes available, such as law cuts, sweepshots, and you'll even be able to charge the bowler. Bowling will get a new swag of new deliveries, such as a larger variation of spinning options, more swinging options, and even reverse swing. Fielders also get a reflex slip catch system, too - we presume this is a good thing.

Ricky Ponting/Brian Lara Cricket 2007 will be coming out in March 2007 - right around the time of the World Cup - on Xbox 360, PS2 and PC. Feel free to browse the first pics in the image panel.

more screenshots on the new link

this game looks very very polished up indeed - it doesnt even look like a blic ***le - it looks like EA cricket - but better..............and better gameplay obviously

Very, very pleased indeed!!

If it plays as well as it looks this will be stunning!!

omg great news.

this game will be simply awesome. blic 2005 was awesome and it seems 2007 is going to be even better.

blic was average, but better than cricket 2005 (i have both)

the grahpics for xbox/pc look pretty good but still look cartoony but with better likenesses.

i am still going to reserve my judgement til i play the game as the gameplay was crap on blic. at least on cricket 2005 you could mod it to death

That's certainly a variation in opinion.

I hated Cricket 2005, becasue the gameplay was terrible - laborious at times. BLIC was the only cricket game that kept me interested for a whole match. When getting someone out, it felt like it was all your doing. This may be so, because of the fielding system, but the bowling was also incredibly intuitive.

If this game lives up to all expectations, it will be superb. Be on the lookout for another chart topping performance from Codemasters!!

the bowling in blic was 2 easy even on test. the batsmen wouldnt even try score runs.

and the batting was rediculously easy even on test as well.

it felt like it was a lop sided game and didnt keep me interested at all

as for cricket 2005 after applying a few patches it was enjoyable and the matches much closer and it felt like i was playing proper cricket. though i didnt enjoy bowling on cricket 2005 until i played blic. that got me interested in bowling and after that i felt like i was playing real cricket on 2005.

but again it was only after the great people on planetcricket that this was available.

cricket 2005 couldn't save on x-box enough said.

blic was the arcade version of cricket and not a sim like cricket 2005 was meant to be. what made blic stand out was the little things like being able to save almost anywhere in a match. it just felt more enjoyable to play. blic didn't have the looks but under the hood it was a lot better than cricket 2005 imo.

I think blic will win out again by doing the simple things right like being able to save at almost any point in a match.

well apart from the xbox version you could save in the other versions of cricket 2005

i am not saying blic wasnt good, i am saying it wasnt as good as what people said mainly because the single player gameplay was bad. the ai didnt seam to want to play cricket. just block after block after block. most of the time you could just bowl to your field and have them caught in the deep or whatever. it didnt feel like i was playing anything but backyard cricket.

Latest posts