• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BLIC is back for 2007

yeah i got this yesterday and pretty much played it all last night while watching the kiwis spank the windies.

I dont like it.

I really dont like it, i was really looking forward to it, even knowing about all the bugs and stuff in it, i just hate it. Doesnt feel like cricket. Its just a slog fest. I am not into slog fests.

Played a test, waste of time, played 3 overs, they hit every ball to the boundry, even the good balls. think i took 2 catches behind the wicket though.

Played online, took alot of fidling to get that going, once i did, i just couldnt be assed with another slog fest. even though i did pretty well in that as well.

definatly a waste of money for me, taking it back today. I cant even do a sweet shot on the controller, wtf is that about?

I also bought 2 controllers yesterday, taking one of them back as the sholder buttons dont work. didnt have a good time really.

Is anyone still playing this? I've put a fair bit of time into it now and I honestly don't think it is THAT bad. It's certainly not the masterpiece we were hoping for, but playing at Test level, I think it is a pretty good game. I've now got a much better grasp of fielding (I now always use custom fielding setups which has really helped the obscene numkbers of boundaries which I was conceding) and catching, and have had some pretty close and exciting games against the AI.

I suppose it boils down to your ability, and some people can probably spank the AI on test difficulty playing as Scotland, but I find it challenging but beatable. I'm not saying it's a great game, but I'm going to be keeping it over the summer to satisfy my single and multiplayer cricket needs...

Got this game today, played two ten over matches and won both.

Whats the best way of playing to get longevity out of it.

I,e play test diff on 10 overs, trying not to bowl lots of yorkers?

Anyway, my only quibble is that too many are dragged onto the stumps!

Otherwise 8/10 so far. Very fluid and reasonably realistic.

BM

jsut read that there is no gameplay patch for the pc, well they definatly lost a resale to me since i sent it back.

anyone play this at all still? i really dont see the point, i was really lookin forward to it when it came out but the online didnt even give me a reason to keep it.

yes i still pull it out for mulitplayer

i have only played 1 single player TEST match

just gotto stack up my trophy cabinet

its better than 05 in multiplayer terms, but worse in single player

as there is nothing else on next gen, i am keeping it........its not as good as we all wanted, but its still a blast with fellow cricket tragics in 2 player

nothing beats having 1 wicket in hand with 10 runs remaining to chase.......as having ur enemy/mate drop a slips catch, and then go on to lose the whole match

Latest posts