• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues not going after Barrett

I agree. I think the Blues are far better off developing there own talent rather than bringing in 'ring-ins' from other regions. Hickey and West are both talented young players with the potential to develop into top class 10's at Super Rugby level. Besides, Barrett would look much better in a Highlanders jersey next season :p

Good shout, pleased with this. Hickey and West both have a lot of potential and we do have one 10 out injured as well. Signing Barrett would have been a great move a few seasons back but now I think it's better to develop them.

Barrett has clearly decided to stay in wellington.

Its good and all having a couple of quality young prospects.

But JK needs results now and only a signing like Barrett would really solve that problem. he may play it cool but he'd have Barrett in a heartbeat if he could. Barrett is the best 10 in NZ behind arguably the weakest pack in the NZ conference. He'd do well at the blues.

It's being reported Nonu is likely for a Hurricanes return.

Peranara, Barrett, Savea, Nonu, Smith, Jane and Woodward looks like a pretty tasty backline! It'd be good if we can get a bit of depth there though...Proctor and Banks (possibly) would really be our only top notch backups, we need another decent midfielder (two if Nonu doesn't sign)...that said it's academic unless we get a more solid forward pack.

Barrett has clearly decided to stay in wellington.

Its good and all having a couple of quality young prospects.

But JK needs results now and only a signing like Barrett would really solve that problem. he may play it cool but he'd have Barrett in a heartbeat if he could. Barrett is the best 10 in NZ behind arguably the weakest pack in the NZ conference. He'd do well at the blues.

Plenty of people would disagree with that.