• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

runtheballbunn

i love to watch players who make the imposible look possible. Brian O'Driscoll is an irish legend and one of the most exiting players ever to wear the red of the lions. he has the thing which defenders fear the most, pace. he is very quick of the mark and has the gas to outstrip most defenders. one on one he will beat anyone. he is also a big strong lad who breaks the gainline. O'Driscolls defence is formidable, as chris horsman will testify, and he reads the game well and runs the right defensive lines and turns the ball over when given the opportunity.
he has the thing that makes great players great. in the 2003 world cup he cup he scored a try against australia in the smallest of gaps. he has class and lots of it. he would get into any team in the world, form any era. no player in the world inspires fo much fear in opposition defences

i councur with this

brian o driscoll is a joy to watch!!

I think he deserves to be inducted into the hall of fame...but maybe after he retires.

Usually someone who boasts such high praise about a player would get shot down by someone else sooner or later, although I have to say choosing Brian O'Driscoll makes it a hard job to do.

In my opinion your right, he is pure world class.

Usually someone who boasts such high praise about a player would get shot down by someone else sooner or later, although I have to say choosing Brian O'Driscoll makes it a hard job to do.

In my opinion your right, he is pure world class. [/b]

Just you wait til' someone like Ripper makes his way to this corner of the forum.

As i said in a previous post, I agree with BOD being in the H.O.F, but shouldn't we wait until he has retired? Isn't that the norm for H.O.F postings all over the world? Or is it too long to wait and if deemed worthy by the majority of members he be inducted whilst still playing?

<div class='quotemain'> Usually someone who boasts such high praise about a player would get shot down by someone else sooner or later, although I have to say choosing Brian O'Driscoll makes it a hard job to do.

In my opinion your right, he is pure world class. [/b]

Just you wait til' someone like Ripper makes his way to this corner of the forum.

As i said in a previous post, I agree with BOD being in the H.O.F, but shouldn't we wait until he has retired? Isn't that the norm for H.O.F postings all over the world? Or is it too long to wait and if deemed worthy by the majority of members he be inducted whilst still playing?
[/b][/quote]

No.

Other than Andrew Merhtens, who slipped through the net before we got things properly organised, we thought it right that a player can only be inducted once they have reached the end of their careers.

All members can nominate, but the final decision rests with the HOFF judges.

Well thats good then. We may be waiting a few years yet, but it's alright :)

Thankyou for the clarification

Other than Andrew Merhtens, who slipped through the net before we got things properly organised, we thought it right that a player can only be inducted once they have reached the end of their careers.

All members can nominate, but the final decision rests with the HOFF judges.
[/b]

Hmmm in that case, should we have someone prepare an 'honorary' one for Johnny Wilkinson, considering that four years of injury have probably forced him to the end of his career.

I say 'honorary' because, lets face it, he needs some kind of a break.

Brian is world class, his cousin is in my class, they just loss the munster senior cup final, but he is mister consistent. Hopefully a good prospect for the future along with Willis (must be genetic :D) and Keith Earls.

Who are the judges anyway??
[/b]

We used to have badges under the names, but those haven't been replaced after the site went down for a while ages ago.

Basically a group of senior posters make the final decisions, majority vote the deciding factor.

The Self Pass is the definition of his brilliance. One of the best 13's ever. More like one of the best 13's of the modern game. I know people say Umaga is better...but, I honestly don't think so...but that's me viewing the world through green tinted glasses.
_38446023_odriscoll_getty300.jpg

The Self Pass is the definition of his brilliance. One of the best 13's ever. More like one of the best 13's of the modern game. I know people say Umaga is better...but, I honestly don't think so...but that's me viewing the world through green tinted glasses.
_38446023_odriscoll_getty300.jpg
[/b]

That is the one and same reason you you, and a worldwide minority, think Ireland are better then the All Blacks.

Well, they are. They're Irish. What do the All Blacks have going for them...some sort of Maori Hula Dance?

I don't think very many Irishmen would claim that Ireland are better than the All Blacks. Not many that I know anyway. What a lot of us would assert is that if we play to the very best of our ability (something we saw only the slightest glimpses of in the 6 nations), and NZ choke has they have done in previous world cups, we could walk away with the ultimate silverware.

And it's a big if.

Disagree. The ABs mostly rely on counter attack, when they strike like lightning. The team that bosses them in the tight and at the break down, without turning over ball, could beat them with something to spare. Their rolling maul in the second November test against France was perfection, and they have an excellent line-out, strong scrum. Ireland's pack may not be the one to do the bossing, but SA will be capable, and maybe France and Australia too. Bring on the summer - we'll go into the RWC without a clear favourite.

On topic: BOD needs no baubles or honorary degrees - his name rhymes with the Big Guy's.

On topic: BOD needs no baubles or honorary degrees - his name rhymes with the Big Guy's. [/b]
Brian Cohen?

brionmessiahcopy.jpg

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts