New Zealand=France.
France=Tonga.
Argentina/Italy/Wales=Samoa.
Ireland=Namibia.
Scotland=Italy.
South Africa=Japan.

Any other examples?

Bit of a reach these examples.

How many years was it since Namibia beat Ireland? I don't think Ireland would be too worried about their 'bogey' team Namibia these days.

Bit of a reach these examples.

How many years was it since Namibia beat Ireland? I don't think Ireland would be too worried about their 'bogey' team Namibia these days.
It was twice in 1991, but in Ireland's World Cup from Hell in 2007 they only beat them 32-17, which is a tiny victory compared to what most Tier One and even many Tier Two nations usually achieve against them.

Less so in recent years

England=South Africa

We went through an entire decade where no matter how poor they were we couldn't buy a win. Had a better record against New Zealands great team in that time period.

It should also be noted England have never beaten SA at a world cup. Lost two finals and QF.

Less so in recent years

England=South Africa

We went through an entire decade where no matter how poor they were we couldn't buy a win. Had a better record against New Zealands great team in that time period.
On that argument, I'd argue that Wales have in fact been England's bogey team for much longer than SA. Between 1963 and 1991, England never won at Cardiff, even while they achieved away wins against SA and NZ. Furthermore, although England and Wales have similar records against other Six Nations teams and are almost neck and neck between each other, the disparity is much more evident when comparing the records of England and Wales versus the SH teams. Oh, and of course their respective records against Tier Two teams.

On that argument, I'd argue that Wales have in fact been England's bogey team for much longer than SA. Between 1963 and 1991, England never won at Cardiff, even while they achieved away wins against SA and NZ. Furthermore, although England and Wales have similar records against other Six Nations teams and are almost neck and neck between each other, the disparity is much more evident when comparing the records of England and Wales versus the SH teams. Oh, and of course their respective records against Tier Two teams.
I think we can lumber that as too historic to really be counted anymore. But has way more merit than one off losses listed in the OP.

Losing to Scotland at home still smarts months later. That was since 1983 (the year before I was born). And fortress Twickenham was a thing watching rugby in the early 2000's. Feel like the final bastions fell this year against them and to a lesser extent Fiji.

i feel we're being a bit broad without definition of a bogey team....one upset like japan v SA or Ireland is different to France consistently causing issues for the AB's

i feel we're being a bit broad without definition of a bogey team....one upset like japan v SA or Ireland is different to France consistently causing issues for the AB's
Bogey team - a supposedly 'inferior' team that has a high winning ratio over a supposedly 'superior' team.

I feel like a bogey team is a team is one that you play regularly and are of similar stature yet the results seem to go against you. Or maybe where the on field result runs counter to what's expected on a regular basis. I don't know how you can be a bogey team if you play once or twice.

ok, so New Zealand = Rhodesia

I feel like a bogey team is a team is one that you play regularly and are of similar stature yet the results seem to go against you. Or maybe where the on field result runs counter to what's expected on a regular basis. I don't know how you can be a bogey team if you play once or twice.

agreed

even if we did it wont be the same without "rhodesia" on the scoreboard 😢....forever out of reach

Latest posts