The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
This is an open question to the forum.

How many of you read our blogs?

Do you find them informative and worthwhile?

Do you have any suggestions how we can boost our readership of them?

Your Feedback would be very much appreciated

Many Thanks for your time

Charlie

I only read it when it is about competitions that I follow. I wouldn't read anything about the TOP14 for instance.

Maybe we can use twitter? We can definitely advertise the blogs by tweeting with hash tags.

I read the majority of them do find they can be a bit vague about some things sometimes and the odd time like the person writing just watches highlights.

Blogs are already tweeted out automatically,

I read pretty much all of them, but pay more attention to the World Rugby and Aviva/Pro12/HEC ones

Okay, but what do the tweets look like? Do they include hash tags of the player/club/nation/competition which the blog is about?

Read this exclusive interview with Quade Cooper on TRF: http://bit.ly/qgCNIX #Wallabies #RWC2011 #QuadeCooper

No, just tweets out a link automatically with whatever automatic hashtags there are (#rugby, i think)

Well, we can promote the blogs and boost TRF by manually tweeting with specific hashtags then.

i read anyblog i can find
i quite like them

there good the appears a lot of work goes into

I think some of the best posters and most knowledgeable posters should do blogs

there are some great posters here who could offer good opinion and debate

Olyy is very knowledgeable on English rugby
Stormer2010 is very knowledgeable and articulate on South African rugby
AfakasiAssasin is very good on Pacific nation rugby
Toko11 on Georgian/Romanian rugby

I would find it very interesting to read those, especially those experts on particularly on more niche topics such as Pacific/Georgian rugby

people like Afakasi Assasin watches Pacific rugby week in week out and knows a lot more than Buck Mitchell who with all due respect can't possibly watch rugby over the entire world so misses detail on articles on players like Gorgodze who he probably has just heard is good and not seen play an awful lot, but if Toko11 wrote about him he would be able to write in more detail about Gorgodze

likewise Olyy could write better in more detail about the Premiership than Toko11, and so on

I generally read them all, but as a blogger, I don't see that they really generate much feedback, which is main reason I write mine ... it could be the way I write my blogs of course, but I don't see a lot of comments relating to other blogs written by other members.

Would it be better if the blogs were moved to the relevant forums, or do you prefer them going into the Blog Discussions forum?

Let me know... I would like to boost the comments on our blogs, they are there to boost discussion and cause discussion points...

Well, That might be an option. If for instance a blog about the ITM Cup is in that specific section, do we still see it on the portal? If so, that would be a good idea

Would it be better if the blogs were moved to the relevant forums, or do you prefer them going into the Blog Discussions forum?

Let me know... I would like to boost the comments on our blogs, they are there to boost discussion and cause discussion points...

yes that would make more comments,views etc

It would still be on the portal it would just be the forum side of things

That sounds like it's worth trying ... the more comments the better

Latest posts