• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Booze Thread

Oh, I actually forgot about ales when I was writing about British beers. Pale ales are incredible! I'm not an expert, but the most tasty pale ale I've drunk was in a London's pub called "Anchor", so would recommend this place if you like this type of ales. The taste was pretty unusual.. fruity a little bit, I'd say..but I fell in love with it!

It wasn't this was it? But this is American.

There's no downvote button.
For this very reason
drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

I just toasted Trump (and other authoritarian populist cockwombles) with Tequila, Ali did with Talisker - the most unpalatable drinks in existence for us.

The Czech one is actually not bad at all. More bitter than most other pilsners and pale lagers.
Budvar. That's quite a good one from memory for a lager. But haven't haven't had it in ages.

I grew up on the American one when I first started out drinking beers, all those many years ago, thinking it was great at the time. Remember that and beers like Labatts Ice and Michelob. Not sure where the latter two beers have gone.

Celebrating with a Sierra Nevada pale ale tonight.

Now that Trump has lost I think I'll celebrate with a bottle of Scotch. :cool:

Mmmm GIF by memecandy

1604801142122.png

Last edited:
My hipster IPA phase has worn off now the weather is colder, although I was still enjoying the odd bottle of Eidlewiess in my club until lockdown 2.0 hit. My go to is now Hobgoblin (£1.25 @ Tesco) and the occasional bottle of Old Crafty Hen (part of the 4 for £7 deal in the Co-Op across the road from me).

The first Saturday night under lockdown made me realise how poor my booze stocks were, so thanks to the absence of a breathaliser built in to my laptop, a bottle each of Woods, Dead Man's Finger, Bombay Sapphire, Smirnoff Glenleivet and Jaffa Cake gin turned up today. While I was checking here my order was, I got duped into buying a couple of litres of Southern Comfort too - £15 a litre was too good to pass up.

When I was looking for a bottle or rum, I was surprised to learn that Pusser's is now only 40% and that you have to pay an extra tenner or so for the overproof stuff. Probably did me a favour, as I call £20 for a bottle of Woods (57%) a bargain.

Latest posts