Botha Suspended

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by An Tarbh, Feb 7, 2006.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

South African spin bowler Johan Botha has been suspended after it was concluded that his bowling action is illegal.

Will most likely see Jaques Rudolph and Greame Smith taking on most of the spin ning duties in the forthcoming series with the Aussies while Botha works on sorting out his action.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Ashton

Ashton Guest

Not suprised his action was worse than murali's! Worst thing is he aint even a good bowler!

4. Coco

Coco Guest

Me and my dad didn't think his action was that bad. We knew that he was bending his arm, but we didn't think it was more than 15 degrees. I agree he isn't a very good bolwer, but it's the best that SA have to offer at the moment.

I think Smith is a decent bowler and Rudolph is very underrated, I think he's good.

Coco

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Richie Benaud certainly thinks highly of Rudolph, whether he'll be developed more is another question, certainly have the chance now though.

6. Coco

Coco Guest

Ah you see - great minds think alike :bana: :bana: :bana:

Yeh, from what I've seen of Rudolph bowling, I've been pretty impressed, as he is only a part timer. I think he has potential to develop into a decent spinner.

Coco

7. Ashton

Ashton Guest

well Rudolph even as a part timer is better then anything England have at the moment. I notice that theyve called up Blackwell for the India tour, may as well not play a spinner and get Vaughn and Pietersen to work on their off spin

8. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Rediculious, sure maybe he's bowling action is a bit, well... corny, but he won't make it back to international cricket. Surely they should just get on with it and try and work out why he has a prob and fix him, but not ban indefinately. Those that are ruining the face of the game - people involved in bookmaking, etc - should get the indefinate ban.

9. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

Do you actually know what indefinately means Jacko?

10. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

He'll be back in a year..

.. and then he will start complaining when Aussie crowds call "NO BALL" after every ball he bowls

ala Muttiah 'chucker' Muralitharan

11. Coco

Coco Guest

Murali is a great bowler, so nobody take anything away from him! :ranting:

Sure, his action looks a bit odd, but he has a slightly disfigured arm and is double jointed, so it's always going to look like hes chucking it but he isn't.

He's been cleared numerous times. He is a great bowler for Sri Lanka.

Coco

12. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Yeah hes a good bowler but if his arm was straight he would suck

13. Coco

Coco Guest

He can't have his arm straight because it is slightly deformed. I'm sure he would still be pretty good if it was straight, but not quite as penetrating.

Coco

14. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

On Murali, your allowed to have a bent arm ffs! Who care if he would suck with a different action. He doesn't bend it more than 15 degrees (ie he doesn't straighten) during delivery so his action is perfectly legal.

15. ak47

ak47 Guest

that is the greatest chant of all cricket time

i wish murali would see the funny side to it

its just 30,000 drunks having fun

Both is fine IMO

i think muralis doosra is worse

anyway this malinga is the new spin freak

i like him

his action is sweet as, and can turn it well, and has a good wrong-in.

watch malinga cause some headaches........although they wont get much spin out of adelaide today

unless Sangars and Jaya fire.............they will be in trouble

although we all know on their day the lankans are the best ODI team in the world...that top order can cause havoc, in the 1st 25overs...they gotto win the toos and bat, otherwise it will be tuff

16. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Except murali was never banned, it will be very hard for botha to break back into the SA side.

17. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

well if there's not exactly a raging supply of spinning talent in SA then why wouldn't it be?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!