• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Joshua and Fury have reached a two fight deal in principle. Got to be at a huge stadium - presumably Wembley for at least one of them and a massive pay per view.

If Fury's got his head straight he wins all day long for me.
AJ have to beat Pulev and Fury will have to beat Wilder and possibly Whyte before it happens. Good news though

Gonna have to be a "sparring" match, like the Tyson/RJJ fight, surely?
They struggled to get McGregor vs Mayweather licensed, they had to appeal the commission - especially with the size difference, Paul has 50lbs on Mayweather

Gonna have to be a "sparring" match, like the Tyson/RJJ fight, surely?
They struggled to get McGregor vs Mayweather licensed, they had to appeal the commission - especially with the size difference, Paul has 50lbs on Mayweather
Wont make much of a difference, if Mayweather wanted to batter him half to death in the first round he could.

Its just a joke now, what with these "white collar" fights, Wilder sprouting delusional rubbish on YouTube and the lack of any revenue in the sport you can see the end of prize fighting soon.

Wont make much of a difference, if Mayweather wanted to batter him half to death in the first round he could.
Oh no, I don't mean in terms of the fight's outcome - I meant in terms of getting the fight licensed.
UFC couldn't get a ***le fight licensed for Paul Felder, as a short notice replacement, because he wasn't ranked in the top 15 - there's tons of hoops you have to jump through.

I've seen that this is officially an exhibition and not a pro fight so I imagine that's a work around.

Oh no, I don't mean in terms of the fight's outcome - I meant in terms of getting the fight licensed.
UFC couldn't get a ***le fight licensed for Paul Felder, as a short notice replacement, because he wasn't ranked in the top 15 - there's tons of hoops you have to jump through.

I've seen that this is officially an exhibition and not a pro fight so I imagine that's a work around.
Someone somewhere will sanction it as there is no one world governing body for boxing.

I mean Logan Paul will probably fare better than that poor Japanese kickboxer (Mayweather literally made him cry), even if he lost his last fight to another YouTuber. Can understand Mayweather making absolute bank while also being at zero risk of getting hurt. What I don't understand is people who actually are willing to pay for this ****. Fight will go on for as long or as short as Mayweather wants it to.

Last edited:
I mean Logan Paul will probably fare better than that poor Japanese kickboxer (Mayweather literally made him cry), even if he lost his last fight to another YouTuber. Can understand Mayweather making absolute bank while also being at zero risk of getting hurt. What I don't understand is people who actually are willing to pay for this ****. Fight will go on for as long or as short as Mayweather wants it to.
Look if they get a load of good up and coming boxers on the undercard who can make a bit of money and raise their profile then fine but boxing is in danger of turning into an exhibition sport like WWE, the trash talking is already getting that way.

Those were some beautiful uppercuts

Still think Fury beats him very comfortably, though

Latest posts