• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Yeh will watch the highlights later. Decided not to pay the extortionate £25 Sky were asking and couldn't be bothered to find an illegal feed. Now, only interested in watching if AJ fights Fury or Wilder. And agree think Fury with his technical skill beats AJ on points.

It was a matter of when AJ would knock out Pulev and seen too many and paid for those type of fights.

Don't see Fury v AJ happening until they can fill the stadiums again.

I think everyone is writing AJ off a bit early. That was AJs first fight in a year and looked a little rusty. Fury beat a very overrated Wilder but if they don't fight until the summer and he doesn't have a warm up fight he won't have been in the ring in well over a year which might play on his fragile mind.

I think the difference with Fury is his longer reach and for boxer his size he moves pretty well, with pretty good hands. I personally see Fury keeping AJ at distance for 12 rounds with his jab and everytime AJ tries to get close tie him up. It will not be a pretty fight and a very frustrating spectacle - imagine Fury v Klitschko being repeated. Of course there is that unknown if Fury gets sloppy and AJ lands one on him.

Now to get that fight on. May not be until 2022 at this rate if we're waiting for full stadium, say at wembley. Or it will break every PPV record if not.

I think the difference with Fury is his longer reach and for boxer his size he moves pretty well, with pretty good hands. I personally see Fury keeping AJ at distance for 12 rounds with his jab and everytime AJ tries to get close tie him up. It will not be a pretty fight and a very frustrating spectacle - imagine Fury v Klitschko being repeated. Of course there is that unknown if Fury gets sloppy and AJ lands one on him.

Now to get that fight on. May not be until 2022 at this rate if we're waiting for full stadium, say at wembley. Or it will break every PPV record if not.
Fury had done a mind job on Klitchko, I don't see AJ falling for it. If AJ can get inside with some of those uppercuts then Fury could be in trouble but Fury will be favourite

Pulev really doesn't know when to stop posturing. Doing it before the fight is one thing, doing it as you are being pummelled (and after running to the corner) is another and continuing to do it after getting KO'd is just ridiculous. It's like he was on drugs or something, it just isn't normal.

Pulev really doesn't know when to stop posturing. Doing it before the fight is one thing, doing it as you are being pummelled (and after running to the corner) is another and continuing to do it after getting KO'd is just ridiculous. It's like he was on drugs or something, it just isn't normal.
Yep, he has history.

No hes just a creepy twat

Just the casual 57kg weight difference

Edit: Shame it wasn't a couple more rounds long

Looked like a much smaller guy, with experience, vs a much bigger guy without.
Thor took the shots well, though - never know how you're going to react to getting punched in the face.

Last edited:
I can't think how well Thor would move in a boxing ring to do well at a high level. Think more Valuev than say T. Fury.

I watched a series on YouTube over the last couple weeks going through all the fights him, Duran, Leonard and Hearns fought between them. Absolute warriors and a golden age of boxing based off the highlights in it. RIP

Yep, Haglar v Hearns round 1 Voted best round of the 80s. Not surprised the fight only lasted 3 rounds.

Latest posts