• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Breaking from rucks

A

alshooter

In R2005 a favourite tactic of mine was to break from the rucks with the scrum half, I scored a lot of tries like this. It did admittedly become an overused tactic.

In 2006 I'm finding picking and going to be pretty unsuccessful in general with the SH getting tackled straight away. The only thing that works is to use an offload immediately after picking it up but it gets intercepted alot.

I also find the short pop to a forward never works because there's no-one to pass to. If I leave the forward out of the ruck I lose the ball.

Anyone got any tips?

Breaking from rucks with the scrum half is harder, but I can get pop passes to tge forwards to work most of the time. You ahve to anyway 'cos you lose it if you spread it out wide with no momentum.

When you hav the ball dont comit all your forwards then youll hav some one to pass to, you will not get turned all the time, just sometimes. You must use forward play to get this game flowing, build up your momentum and then you can spread it with less chance of a turn over, nothing is guaranteed though, like in real life you can still get turned at any time.

U should be able to make some breaks occasionally but when you offload there should almost always be a forward there. Most of the time you will get the option to offload so aim your analogue stick at the SH about to offload you will be in control of your forward as the animation would have kicked in on the SH.

Aiming of the analogue helps a bit with ball retention as well a little like Lomu in that sense.

It is tough to break as the SH but you just have to bide your time. The opportunity does present it itself sooner or later.

I guess this is more realistic as SH's can't always break out at will.

And you can't commit all of your forwards every single time - you have to hold at least one back to make a hitup otherwise you will never get any go-forward ball and get turned.

The only level ive managed to run with the SH is club, anything above that I just get banged every time. Bit daft really. The AI manages to run right through me though when it tries to do it.

One for the list of improvements next time around.

Latest posts