Bristol Bears?

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
Apparently according to "Rugbyinsideline" Bristol are to rebrand as Bristol Bears.

HOME KIT
Da2D2u3X0AAB8Cp.jpg

AWAY KIT
Da2F2b8XcAAiwpJ.jpg

Now Google does throw some interesting results when you search Bristol Bears so marketing will be interesting.

Nice nod to their history having an "A" inset in the number of the FB jersey.

i like the kit but the rebranding is odd

we have a bristol university that goes by bears and that is the first and second google result for "bristol bears" in the states... it's a real small school with no national presence so it's weird it shows up

and then there is the other result

Gloucester Lions and Exeter Athletic rumours also going the rounds. Anyone want to pick a moniker for Bath?

I can understand Exeter wanting to change their name but they'll never lose the head dresses and chants in the crowd, which is the real issue.

I don't get why clubs would drop their history for a cheesey name.
Sale did it to differentiate from the amateur side they created after professionalism came in, Leicester's historic nickname was tigers, same with wasps, no idea about budgies.

They should adopt it as a nickname but not actually change the club name

Isn't Exeter Athletic just the name being given to the club that the Wessex Seniors and Exeter Youth Juniors are combining to make that Tony Rowe's pouring quite a lot of money into.

Last edited:
Exeter Athletic seems pointless unless they change the logo really.

Unless Exeter are planning on making a Rugby League team?

If they can't co-opt 'Bristol Bears' from the local gay community, they could try 'the Bristol Power Bottoms'. Might be fitting, given where they're likely to sit in the Premiership table.
Don't @ me.

If they can't co-opt 'Bristol Bears' from the local gay community, they could try 'the Bristol Power Bottoms'. Might be fitting, given where they're likely to sit in the Premiership table.
Don't @ me.
Bristol Otters

Frank: Wait, wait, wait a minute. What's an otter?
Dee; Subsection of bear. Still hairy but whereas a bear generates his
power through sheer mass alone, the otter generates his power through
extraordinary quickness, cunning, and skill.

Unless rebranding is to do with increasing presence in the US market?

The Chiefs would only need to change their logo and not play the chop... they were called the Chiefs long before they starting using American imagery.

No reason an English team can't use historic English/British chief imagery.

Now been confirmed on Twitter. Saw someone on Reddit claiming the Gallagher deal is huge money but dependent on making changes to appeal to the American audience, hence ring-fencing, franchise style rebranding, etc. Not quite sure how that fits in with Irish being left out, we know how they would've appealed to the proud 1/16ths Irish-Americans.

I don't watch much Championship rugby so I don't know who any of these players are http://www.bristolbears.co.uk/

Bristol Otters

Frank: Wait, wait, wait a minute. What's an otter?
Dee; Subsection of bear. Still hairy but whereas a bear generates his
power through sheer mass alone, the otter generates his power through
extraordinary quickness, cunning, and skill.
Then you guys can be the Sale Twink versatiles. Its time to stop appropriating Shark culture.

Latest posts