• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bristol v Paris

Bristol won this match round and square. The Stade Français lacked too much poser in their front row. This season is a transition season for them. They have lost several of their historical players and have already 12 of their players injured ... This was their fourth game of the season and have not been able to train properly. They lost all their pre-season matchs versus top14 and ProD2 teams... They were not able to field 15 valid players and had to take some of their Rugby academy players.

Having said that the departure of Pichot, Auradou, James as well as the absence of players like Marconnet weakened a lot the leadership and mental toughness required to play such a match.

I think they will struggle until end of the year, the time required to get composure and consistency.

Bristol pack played very well and played the style of Rugby which is efficient in such weather conditions.

Bristol won this match round and square. The Stade Français lacked too much poser in their front row. This season is a transition season for them. They have lost several of their historical players and have already 12 of their players injured ... This was their fourth game of the season and have not been able to train properly. They lost all their pre-season matchs versus top14 and ProD2 teams... They were not able to field 15 valid players and had to take some of their Rugby academy players.

Having said that the departure of Pichot, Auradou, James as well as the absence of players like Marconnet weakened a lot the leadership and mental toughness required to play such a match.

I think they will struggle until end of the year, the time required to get composure and consistency.

Bristol pack played very well and played the style of Rugby which is efficient in such weather conditions.

[/b]

Didn't realise things were so bad in paris. At least you know they have talent there still and even if they have a poor season they will come good next season.

The situation is not so bad...

After four game SF is second just behind Toulouse in Top14. 3 won (one vs Clermont) one loss (at Toulouse) and one bonus point. Players like Papé, Liebenberg, Saubade and Hernandez are in top form. I think they will easily reach the semi final, maybe not in first position this time but after that everything is possible... and I see them at least in a quarter final in H-Cup.

Whatever, good game Bristol, see you at Paris, where the Stade Français never lost since 2004 ;)

Latest posts