• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British and Irish Lions squad based on this year's six nations.

1. Marler
2. Best
3. Cole
4. Lawes
5. A-W Jones
6. O'Mahony
7. Warburton
8. Vunipola

9. Webb
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Joseph
14. Nowell
15. Halfpenny

16. Youngs
17. Healy
18. Lee
19. J.Gray
20. O'Brien
21. Murray
22. Ford
23. Bowe

Warburton over Robshaw.. :lol: Robshaw is better than Warburton year on year, yet for some reason people put sam in over him.. I dont get it..

Warburton over Robshaw.. :lol: Robshaw is better than Warburton year on year, yet for some reason people put sam in over him.. I dont get it..

Highly depends what you look for in an openside flanker.

Robshaw is more of a 6 for me, great engine, good clear out at the ruck, good vision, strengths in the set piece and the maul etc. Sam is much more a jackler, perhaps a bit quicker to the ruck than Robshaw, likes to move the ball rather than take contact, good footwork at 8, immense speed in the loose for a 7.

Both very good players, can't think of a time when one has really outshone the other on a personal level.

@Bluemoon Cardiff two years ago painful night for us English but Warburton completely outshone him that night.

But apart from that I'd say they were evens.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bluemoon Cardiff two years ago painful night for us English but Warburton completely outshone him that night.

But apart from that I'd say they were evens.

Yeah, that might be a fair comment. Although I thought the Welsh pack were on top more generally that day, so it may be hard to compare one against the other!

Highly depends what you look for in an openside flanker.

Robshaw is more of a 6 for me, great engine, good clear out at the ruck, good vision, strengths in the set piece and the maul etc. Sam is much more a jackler, perhaps a bit quicker to the ruck than Robshaw, likes to move the ball rather than take contact, good footwork at 8, immense speed in the loose for a 7.

Both very good players, can't think of a time when one has really outshone the other on a personal level.

fair apart from the move the ball comment, Robshaw is one of the best ball handling opensides in the NH, possibly the world.

I'd take warburton over robshaw, but I think it really depends on what you want from your 7.

I don't know why you're bothering to compare Sean O'Brien's back ups...

Gods knows I love Robshaw as a player, but he wouldn't be in my top 3 choices for an openside for the Lions tour. Maybe not even top 5.

Gods knows I love Robshaw as a player, but he wouldn't be in my top 3 choices for an openside for the Lions tour. Maybe not even top 5.

I'd shoehorn him in at 6 tbh . He has too much to bring to not be in the team at all imo . Then we can let SOB and Warburton fight it out between themselves for the 7 shirt

fair apart from the move the ball comment, Robshaw is one of the best ball handling opensides in the NH, possibly the world.

I know that he can offload and is often a good link open side. But, based on the pack he plays with, I always feel he's more likely to get involved in contact than Warbs does. Particularly when using the channel 1 and 2 pod attack. Haven't really got evidence for that, just anecdotal really. Perhaps I'll watch out for it a bit more!

I know that he can offload and is often a good link open side. But, based on the pack he plays with, I always feel he's more likely to get involved in contact than Warbs does. Particularly when using the channel 1 and 2 pod attack. Haven't really got evidence for that, just anecdotal really. Perhaps I'll watch out for it a bit more!

i'm pretty sure he is normally the first receiver in the pods, and offloads before contact the majority of the time. Still think Warburton is good, though i prefer him at 6.

Latest posts