Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) (capt) 101
Tom O'Toole (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 12
Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 59
James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 59
Dan Sheehan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 21
Tom Stewart (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 2
Nick Timoney (Banbridge/Ulster) 3
Josh van der Flier (UCD/Leinster) 57

This could have gone on any number of threads….

I know we 'joke' about Ireland being Leinster in disguise but when you look at where Leinster source their players the continuity is even more amazing. Frankly, Ireland should never be beaten.

Leinster have 45 players on full contracts and 20 on academy. 90% have come through the Leinster Schools system and, astonishingly, more than 30 come from just 2 schools - St Michael's and Blackrock.

When Leinster played Benetton last month 12 of the starting XV were from those 2 schools. Unavailable due to international commitments were Keenan, Ringrose' McCarthy, Doris, Ryan, Kelleher, Baird and Byrne all of whom were educated at, well I think you can guess….

I knew there was a concentration but had no idea of scale.

(And if any of that data's wrong, blame the Times).

By contrast, England's entire 23 against France came from different schools if you discount the one year Ford spent at St George's where Itoje studied before Harrow (Farrell also went there).

This could have gone on any number of threads….

I know we 'joke' about Ireland being Leinster in disguise but when you look at where Leinster source their players the continuity is even more amazing. Frankly, Ireland should never be beaten.

Leinster have 45 players on full contracts and 20 on academy. 90% have come through the Leinster Schools system and, astonishingly, more than 30 come from just 2 schools - St Michael's and Blackrock.

When Leinster played Benetton last month 12 of the starting XV were from those 2 schools. Unavailable due to international commitments were Keenan, Ringrose' McCarthy, Doris, Ryan, Kelleher, Baird and Byrne all of whom were educated at, well I think you can guess….

I knew there was a concentration but had no idea of scale.

(And if any of that data's wrong, blame the Times).

By contrast, England's entire 23 against France came from different schools if you discount the one year Ford spent at St George's where Itoje studied before Harrow (Farrell also went there).
Not 100% accurate though. Schools target lads and some players move schools to be notices by Leinster. Those big schools have great investment also. It a 2 way work system. And realistically the pool of schools is not deep