• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brumbies v Bourgoin

J

Jockstap

Brumbies a team who many are predicting will reach the final of the Super 14 this year just lost to a team that can't even make it into the Heineken Cup.

Orly, is it their development squad without any of the players currently on national duty that is tipped to be in final contention?

Nice try champ. Also we've already had the S 14 for this year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Jul 28 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Brumbies a team who many are predicting will reach the final of the Super 14 this year just lost to a team that can't even make it into the Heineken Cup.[/b]

So, Bourgoin beat a Brumbies development team filled with players who won't be playing in the Super 14 next year?

LIKE OMG!!! :lol:

Brumbies: 15 Pat McCabe, 14 Alfi Mafi, 13 Andrew Smith, 12 Tyrone Smith, 11 Francis Fainifo, 10 Matt Toomua, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 Stephen Hoiles (captain), 7 Colby Faingaa, 6 Tevita Metuisela, 5 Ben Hand, 4 Ed Gower, 3 Salesi Ma'afu, 2 Anthony Hegarty, 1 Jerry Yanuyanutawa.
Replacements - from: Nathan Charles, Steven Noriega, Sitaleki Timani, Sokai Tai, Nick White, Christian Lealiifano, Shaun Foley, Robbie Coleman, Afusipa Taumoepeau.

that was the team
is that developmeant or not? :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 29 2009, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Brumbies: 15 Pat McCabe, 14 Alfi Mafi, 13 Andrew Smith, 12 Tyrone Smith, 11 Francis Fainifo, 10 Matt Toomua, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 Stephen Hoiles (captain), 7 Colby Faingaa, 6 Tevita Metuisela, 5 Ben Hand, 4 Ed Gower, 3 Salesi Ma'afu, 2 Anthony Hegarty, 1 Jerry Yanuyanutawa.
Replacements - from: Nathan Charles, Steven Noriega, Sitaleki Timani, Sokai Tai, Nick White, Christian Lealiifano, Shaun Foley, Robbie Coleman, Afusipa Taumoepeau.

that was the team
is that developmeant or not? :p[/b]

Most of those players either won't get Super 14 contracts, or will be bench players at best...

More importantly, it's a team missing George Smith, Rocky Elsom, Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander, Mark Chisholm, Peter Kimlin, Matt Giteau, Stirling Mortlock and Adam Ashley-Cooper...

But those guys wouldn't make a difference, right? :lol:

This match was played in the NH and hosted by Bourgoin, shouldn't this thread be moved and cross the equator?

Anyway, it looks like the Brumbies were surprised by the level of Bourgoin's forward in the scrums and rucks. Bourgoin was not complete either, their international players as well as those who played for the French Barbarians are not back yet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Jul 28 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Brumbies a team who many are predicting will reach the final of the Super 14 this year just lost to a team that can't even make it into the Heineken Cup.[/b]

By the way, the Brumbies just beat Top 14 Champions Perpignan 17-0...

Make of that what you will...

How come Ozzie teams get to play northern hemisphere teams and us Kiwis don't. Didn't the force play someone up north last year? anyway I think this sort of thing should happen more often I've always wondered how our Super14 or even local teams would go up there.

The problem is that in Australia there's a HUUUUUGE gap between Super 14 and club rugby, and this is as close as our players who aren't involved with the Wallbies get to decent grade competition until the competition starts again in February...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Aug 1 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Jul 28 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the way, the Brumbies just beat Top 14 Champions Perpignan 17-0...

Make of that what you will...
[/b][/quote]

and lost versus Bayonne, they still have to play Toulon which have just won versus Racing.

Ahahahaha, or alternatively buying a team then not paying them when it comes down to the crunch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jul 29 2009, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 29 2009, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that was the team
is that developmeant or not? :p[/b]

Most of those players either won't get Super 14 contracts, or will be bench players at best...

More importantly, it's a team missing George Smith, Rocky Elsom, Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander, Mark Chisholm, Peter Kimlin, Matt Giteau, Stirling Mortlock and Adam Ashley-Cooper...

But those guys wouldn't make a difference, right? :lol:

[/b][/quote]

I was actually genuinly asking if it was a development team, because honestly I have no idea. I've heard of Josh Valentine and Stephen Hoiles and that's about it. Wasn't taking the mick or anything, I just like the ':p' smiley.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 29 2009, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Way to fail fella.[/b]

If this was aimed at me, see above. I was actually asking if it was a development team, not trying to wind people up/take the mick.
If it wasn't, I was just making sure ;)

Perpignan started the training very late, as they played the final last season. And their internationals/barbarians are still in rest.

Toulon beat the Brumbies 20-6 yesterday by the way. (only try of the game by Fernandez Lobbe and Wilkinson was on the bench)

To me all these pre-season games aren't really significant considering the difference of preparation, the players missing...

Latest posts