• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brussow added to Bok squad

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The speculation over who was going to play for the Springboks in the first test against the British and Irish Lions on Saturday made a right angle turn on Monday when Cheetahs openside flank Heinrich Brussow was added to the squad and participted in a training session in Durban.

Brussow was not part of the Emerging Bok squad as he has been capped for South Africa, so his presence with the Boks in Durban as they started their final build-up for the first test and the start of the series became a talking point that filtered back to a press conference in Cape Town, where the British and Irish Lions were naming their team to face the Southern Kings in the final midweek game before the test series starts.

Springbok coach Peter de Villiers confirmed the addition of Brussow at a press conference in Durban, but would not say whether this means that Brussow will start against the Lions. It does seem highly possible, however, as Brussow can only really cover one position on the bench, whereas the other man being tipped to start in Burger's place, Danie Rossouw, can cover two positions.

The news on Schalk Burger is not good, and it appears his injury will keep him out of the first test. The Bok management want to delay a final decision on Burger until as late as possible, but as early as last Thursday they were already accepting that Burger would be ruled out. The Bok team will be named on Tuesday, with the Lions naming their test team on Thursday.[/b]
http://www.supersport.com/rugby/article.as...d&id=304223

Brussow has been on fire this season so his call-up to the Springbok squad is well deserved :bravo: , just hope he gets a game and not just been called-up to play waterboy :rolleyes:

forum_495e875a_Noooooo!!!.jpg

I thought I'd seen the last of him... NOT FAIR!

yes.gif

Really can't wait to see Brussow stealing some of The Lions balls, again! :bleh!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jun 16 2009, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Really can't wait to see Brussow stealing some of The Lions balls, again! :bleh!:[/b]
Lying on his back in the middle of a ruck and under the ref's nose? Yes, I'd love another looong look at that trick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 15 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jun 16 2009, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really can't wait to see Brussow stealing some of The Lions balls, again! :bleh!:[/b]
Lying on his back in the middle of a ruck and under the ref's nose? Yes, I'd love another looong look at that trick.
[/b][/quote]

I was talking about Brussow...not Burger :p

Latest posts