• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bryan Habana

C

chinwaggler

Bryan Habana player of the year. Scored 8 tries.. well done Mr Record holder. :bravo: He may be fast as shizniz but has anyone noticed how bad his defence has been all tournament? Winger's should be good at both surely. He may have given South Africa a lot of points through the tournament but he wasn't incremental in any of the match deciders was he?

In my opinion, Matfield did far more in the Final. This obviously isn't all year but I feel that Habana only got this award because he scored tries and was in the winning team.

What d'you think, does he deserve the award? (more than others)

Habanero`s defense not up to scratch? Surely thou art ******** us? Ask a certain mr. Sackey if he felt Habana`s "hit" from the kickoff, then come back with that particular question. You see, that tackle virtually guaranteed the end of Sackey as an attacking option for the rest of the final, seeing as he was forever more hesitant after that.

And there are countless other examples of that type of tackling by Habana, both during this year`s RWC, as well as during the rest of the season. The only reason I can think of slighting his defense might`ve been due to Ngwenya taking him on the outside in the USA game- but as Habana admitted himself, he was taught a lesson, which he obviously took to heart.

Right, so consider this- in a pretty low-scoring RWC, where defense rather than offence ruled the game, a player equalled the great Jonah Lomu`s single tourney record. Also, consider his record throughout the season, seeing as it`s the player of the year award, not just the player of the RWC. Scoring the ***le-winning try, deep in injury time, during the S14 final. Scoring 13 test tries in 8 test starts this year. Pretty amazing stats, especially in a year dominated by defense!

What record does he hold with 8 tries didn't Jonah score 15 tries in the 95 world cup? or is it the finals record.

Anyway hope Habana doesn't get snatched up by some NH team anytime soon would like to continue to watch him play awesome rugby here in the SH.

I think he does deserve some form of recognition because he pretty much won the Super14 ***le for the bulls in the dieing minutes and has played an important part of the springboks road to winning of the Rugby World Cup.

Well in England there's not a large chance of him being contracted as they're trying to cut down on the number of foreign players in English teams at the moment.

I think it was the finals. And fair enough, I don't have any sports channels so it's hard for me to follow rugby properly, specially in Super14s and other SH leagues. But I still think his defence has been pretty poor at times.

shot bro doug howlett is way better then dat dude all he can do is run nofin else

Wow, i think we've got a chav on our forum.

Yer, bruv! Dat Habana ain't no f***in good!
:lol:

Habana's defense was extraordinarily good, actually. He performed very well against England in the final - and like BokMagic said - it's not just the RWC games that count.

NH won't ever get Habana - the SA Rugby Union, as stupid as they may be sometimes, would rather die than see the back of him.

Well deserved...

And between him and the next person winning the award DAYLIGHT!

What record does he hold with 8 tries didn't Jonah score 15 tries in the 95 world cup? or is it the finals record.

Anyway hope Habana doesn't get snatched up by some NH team anytime soon would like to continue to watch him play awesome rugby here in the SH.

I think he does deserve some form of recognition because he pretty much won the Super14 ***le for the bulls in the dieing minutes and has played an important part of the springboks road to winning of the Rugby World Cup.
[/b]

he scored 15 in total in all world cups he competed at. the record for the most in a single world cup is 8.

yup thats now shared between jonah and bryan.

Thoroughly deserved (s)habana has had an outstanding year! Super ***les and now a world champion

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

he scored 15 in total in all world cups he competed at. the record for the most in a single world cup is 8.
[/b][/quote]

Habana is equal with lomu...They both share the record

bryan habana is a magnificent players he ideserves the ***le of irb player of the year

yea he only did well in some games and wasn't consistent.
[/b]

Haha please smartass please join with us on what statistic or however way can you prove that Habana wasn't consistent.??? :rahh:

I'd love to hear those statistics :p Primarily because I know he performed extremely well in every single match that he played. But there are probably people out there who think that if he doesn't score a try, he had a bad day. Riiight.

Habana deserves the IRB Player of the Year award. And I know this for a fact. You may ask, HOW do I know this? Because he GOT the IRB Player of the Year award. Simple.

Guys I think Chinwaggler was referring to Hernandez being inconsistant, check the posts before his.
if he wasn't then he too must be drunk. :p

Habana fully deserves it, I still can't believe people are questioning his defence, I'll have to go fetch those videos I posted in the Habana topic under the SH sub thread.

Latest posts