• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BUCS Super Rugby Debut

Some people's uni rugby career consisted of turning up to the initiation, running down the high street in a pink thong and being forced to drink beer until they vomit in a bucket then drinking more.

Discovering booze and weed and failing to turn up to rugby again until the last game of the season, turning out at 12 for a desperate 3rd team.

Dropping the first 3 balls received, being marked down as a total malco in the 10's mind then the humiliation of running dummy switches and miss 1s for the rest of the game.

Dropping out of uni and never playing uni sport again.

Plot twist, that guy was me...

So yeah, TL;DR - you've already had a more successful uni rugby career than me. Congratulations on that landmark

Some people's uni rugby career consisted of turning up to the initiation, running down the high street in a pink thong and being forced to drink beer until they vomit in a bucket then drinking more.

Discovering booze and weed and failing to turn up to rugby again until the last game of the season, turning out at 12 for a desperate 3rd team.

Dropping the first 3 balls received, being marked down as a total malco in the 10's mind then the humiliation of running dummy switches and miss 1s for the rest of the game.

Dropping out of uni and never playing uni sport again.

Plot twist, that guy was me...

So yeah, TL;DR - you've already had a more successful uni rugby career than me. Congratulations on that landmark
Just to add to this, Toby, it could be worse in a whole host of ways!

My first university game was the first game of a under 20 blitz towards the end of October in first year. I'd spent two months boozing and turned up to at most 4 training sessions, I also hadn't discovered the gym yet. I played 10 and looked up to see Joey Carbery who had been a star player in Ireland's elite schools competition the year before and he had Garry Ringrose who had been Ireland's best u20 player despite playing a year young that year outside him, they had at least two other lads who are now playing pro rugby too. We lost 70-0 in a 20 minute a side game. I really half assed the rugby after that for two years, didn't play while on Erasmus and when I finally made the 1sts in final year I got concussed and missed the three remaining games before Christmas which we lost and put us out of contention in the league so I had a bunch of dead rubbers to play in the new year... And that was easily my favourite year playing rugby since school!

Latest posts