• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Burglaries on the increase?

I wouldn't be surprised if England & Wales have similar. We usually are heavily influenced by their acts and have burglary (trespass with the intention of theft) and aggravated burglary (burglary coupled with an assault). If you add fire arms or weapons it increases the severity further also. .

Yeah, but they don't sound so cool. Bloody Irish and their anglicised crime types. :p

So requested a copy of my statement from the police for the insurance and was told had to request it in writing and there was a fee of £80.:eek:.

The fee is £102 up here, so sadly that sounds about right. Worth checking your police forces website.

https://www.scotland.police.uk/access-to-information/provision-of-reports/

I think up here 'insurance abstracts' are usually requested by the insurance company (although this may just be for far insurance). I could be talking rubbish, I'll ask people I know who work that area and see if they have a suggestion of whether you can bat this back to the insurance company for them to stump up. It used to be that they only needed a police crime or incident reference number.

The fee is £102 up here, so sadly that sounds about right. Worth checking your police forces website.

https://www.scotland.police.uk/access-to-information/provision-of-reports/

I think up here 'insurance abstracts' are usually requested by the insurance company (although this may just be for far insurance). I could be talking rubbish, I'll ask people I know who work that area and see if they have a suggestion of whether you can bat this back to the insurance company for them to stump up. It used to be that they only needed a police crime or incident reference number.

yeah that was pretty much what I was told. The insurance company only needs the crime reference number I.e. that it's been reported.

yeah that was pretty much what I was told. The insurance company only needs the crime reference number I.e. that it's been reported.

The basic advice I got up here was that if it is a big insurance company it'll know exactly what it is doing and is trying to pass the cost on to the customer, who probably assumed that by paying insurance premiums this would be covered. Whereas if it is a smaller insurance company it might be worth pointing out that you've been told that only a reference number is required. It depends on your appetite for an argument with the insurers for them to be decent or if you expect a large payout that will dwarf the fee and just want to get on with it.

I forgot to ask if Freedom of Information / Data Protection is a valid option. Sorry!

Latest posts