• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Butch James To Bath?

I read the Telegraph <_<

If you work the maths - the salary cap is £2.5m (this may be wrong). Leicester will have Mauger, White and Corry on £200k pa +. That makes £1.9 less. Players like Moody, Murphy (I'm certain of this one), Erinle and Kay must be over £100k pa. That makes roughly £1.5m. Factor in the fact (?) that Leicester have one of the largest squads in the league and it doesn't add up. I'll find the article that said this.

I'd imagine Northampto stuck to it though. Your squad depth, like ours, was worryingly thin. Even with Spencer you must have been under.

Whilst on Spencer is he sticking around a plying league 1 rugby next season?

Leicester are the only club to bend the rules; Their players are 'employed' by an outside company who lease the players back to them as a "business expense". It's a clever loop hole that the RFU allow them to exploit thanks to being one of the holy trinity.

Anyway, Spencer is staying put, he's said he wants a contract extension and eventually a move into coaching. :D

Leicester are the only club to bend the rules; Their players are 'employed' by an outside company who lease the players back to them as a "business expense". It's a clever loop hole that the RFU allow them to exploit thanks to being one of the holy trinity.
[/b]

Precisely. And it's exactly the same technique Newcastle are using to sign Hayman - Northern Rock is paying his salary.

Leicester are untouchable. Stafford fielded an inelligible player and were deducted 4 points, shortened to two on appeal. Why? Because we sent the paperwork off and they only register players at certain times. So they had the paerwork they just hdn't got round to it. Leicester lose a point for playing a player who is officially on loan. Mind you they probably had a lawyer.

As for Carlos at least he's staying loyal. Also means he'll be playing againt an ex-coach of mine.

Latest posts