• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Campo

M

Mr. Laxative

This guy was born to be on the Wall! After a disastrously long-career and a shocking pass in the in-goal area against the Lions in '89 he continues to reck havoc. He hates the current organisation and in every column he seems to abuse Gregan and Jones-y (maybe rightly so) and not so recently Burkey. This abusive little man should stick to what he does best packing bags in his Canterbury Clothing Store at the Rocks. He frankly has no idea of how professional rugby should be played and just because he was one of the greatest ever doesn't mean he is allowed to use up the contents of his big grey-head on some other greats and has beens and will be's.

I rest my case.... :bleh!:

Mate for real?.. that's Campo your talking about there. I'm a Kiwi... I've watched him run circles around every country that play's serious rugby (including my own)...

If you had of started wahing on about his performances against one Jonah Lomu I could has possibly scene your point... him speaking out about a tradition of rugby that he helped create is an honor that the guy deserves... and Jones and Gregan (who has been playing to bloody long and should have retired years ago) is what most normal people have been thinking... just check the history on the TRF about the last Aussie Northern tour...

Campo's OK with me.

If you want to shame an Aussie try Eddie hasbeen Jones

Campo's said some idiotic stuff following his retirement, but on the pitch he was pretty damn good.

There's no way you can put Australia's top try scorer in the Hall of Shame, that would just be ridiculous.

I disagree, if you read page 4, lines 36-41 of the Wall of Shame (there was a typo) outline that has not been and never will be posted, it distinctly says

"The purpose of the Wall of Shame is not to detract anything from the Hall of Fame, rather, a lighter look at episodes, people, hairstyles, and wtfisms of rugby.
line
line
line
line
line"

What this means is that people can nominate whomever they want, regardless of how great hey were at other things, as long as they were actively involved in rugby, and whatever they are being nominated for is rugby-related. What I do ask for however, is specific examples where possible.
If Jacko could elaborate a little or provide some excerpts of some of his worse ramblings that would be much appreciated.

This topic is so retarded I say we put Jacko in to the Hall.

And the bit where he said "Nuff Said" really ****** me off, as if he automatically assumed we would all be in agreement about sending one of the greatest Wingers of all time into the Hall of Shame.

Wonder why he didn't mention things like his Match Winning Preformance in the 1991 RWC semi final or the fact like Dumbo pointed out being the No 1 Aussie Try Scorer (and correct me if I'm wrong... Number 2 overall?)

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 5 2006, 07:43 AM

And the bit where he said "Nuff Said" really ****** me off, as if he automatically assumed we would all be in agreement about sending one of the greatest Wingers of all time into the Hall of Shame.

Wonder why he didn't mention things like his Match Winning Preformance in the 1991 RWC semi final or the fact like Dumbo pointed out being the No 1 Aussie Try Scorer (and correct me if I'm wrong... Number 2 overall?)
I totally agree

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 5 2006, 07:43 AM

Okay everybody. I am going to make this as clear as possible.

What I would like to see for the Wall of Shame, is for nominees to get laughed at, or hurled abuse towards. I don't want this place to take anything away from the Hall of Fame, hence the reason why anything goes. This is meant as a very light look at things that are f***ed up in rugby.
This particular nomination has nothing to do with how Campese played the game, it's apparently how he writes about the game. I personally haven't read any of his work, so I can't really comment on that. Neither has many people it seems. So I'm afraid that Dave cannot go onto the Wall of Shame until we see some specific examples.

Remember, it's not Campese the player being nominated, it's Campese the Writer.
It's all just for a laugh anyway. The Hall of Fame is where all of the serious crap goes.

Now, I'm off to write a brief description of all of the bad things about Tasesa Lavea.

A Blurb if you will...

Expect no less than 90,000 words....

[edit] Oh and I also believe Jacko should go on the Wall.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 4 2006, 10:55 PM
There's no way you can put Australia's top try scorer in the Hall of Shame, that would just be ridiculous.
He's the top try scorer of all time I'm pretty sure.

Originally posted by Wally+Apr 6 2006, 01:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Apr 4 2006, 10:55 PM
He's the top try scorer of all time I'm pretty sure. [/b]
He is. With 64 or 65 or something like that.

...At least I'm pretty sure he is...

Originally posted by kaftka+Apr 6 2006, 01:25 AM-->
Originally posted by Wally@Apr 6 2006, 01:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Apr 4 2006, 10:55 PM

He's the top try scorer of all time I'm pretty sure.
He is. With 64 or 65 or something like that.

...At least I'm pretty sure he is... [/b]
Yeah he is ..... 64 tries

I thought some Frog overtook him? or was that his most tests played mark that the Frenchie beat? (at the time)

Campo was a great player. But he was also a horrible team member.

And he continues to be a pest.

But Wall of shame? I dont think so

....Remembering that you don't get inducted into the Wall of Shame based on your overall attributes, just any particulars.

Campese was a genius and like all geniuses comes a healthy does of madness. His outbursts in the media are stupid but let's face it everyone reads them and that is what he is trying to do. Therefore a genius he is. A bit mad too!

Campo still is eccentric, but he's also right on a lot of topics.

Outspoken, yes, but will stand by his words, and admit when he's wrong (walking Oxford Street with the placard saying 'the best team won' was quality although I'm sure he loved the attention anyway!). I also loved when he gave out the team of the year award to England at the end of 2003. Shame Sir Clive didn't take it very well, in fact he was insulted. Personally if my most outspoken critic turned around and said, 'I was wrong, you've proved yourself', I would hope to take it with good grace.

Campo on the pitch was pure, mad genius.

Campo in the press is plain cunning - because it's all about getting attention and reaction. He gets both, so job done.

Jacko/Mr Laxative - You've really asked for Campese to have a double entry on the Wall Of Fame judging by the posts following yours.

Watch out, the older you get the less age is an excuse for what you post.

Campo was an unforgettable player, but in the last times he has devoted himself to speak many things on the current rugby, some of correct and different them in his style, which exists mas of some person have provoked a deep hate towards due to his, could be said, honesty that has since apparently he says what he thinks, and he does not think what he says.

PD: Sorry for mi english

Campese was the finest attacking wing of all time in my opinion. As a man hes a complete ********. Thats why after the England Vs NZ Barbarians game at Twickers after the 2003 World Cup I chucked a pint of Guinness over his head as he was conducting a radio interview. He was furious as you can Imagine and didnt seem is old chirpy self. Funny that!

Latest posts