• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Campo's International Rugby

K

Kage

http://hol.abime.net/2916

Anyone remember this old amiga gem? I can barely remember playing it. I remember the rucks and mauls were "joystick wiggle fests" where the person who wiggled side-to-side fastest with the joystick won possession (a bit like WCR
<
. It also had the odd random miss tackle, so taking on the line sometimes payed off.

Too bad i spent all my time playing E.T's rugby league instead of playing this.

I think it also came under the name " World cup rugby " in UK. Remember owning it, big chunky green box with a 3.5" disk in it
<

Yeah, I remember it - a shocking game!!

World Class Rugby, and the league variant (Wembley Rugby League - I think this was ET's rugby elsewhere) were my favourites.

I do remember a really bad couple of rugby games back on the speccie too while we are reminiscing - World Cup rugby by Domark I think was one - and codemasters did a sideview one, where if you judged the right place on the pitch, you could run the full length every time with the defenders simply zig-zagging away from you!
<

Fortunately, they don't make them like that anymore!

Actually ... rugby 2**4 ... hell, they do still make 'em.
<

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Jan 11 2006, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I remember it - a shocking game!!

World Class Rugby, and the league variant (Wembley Rugby League - I think this was ET's rugby elsewhere) were my favourites.

I do remember a really bad couple of rugby games back on the speccie too while we are reminiscing - World Cup rugby by Domark I think was one - and codemasters did a sideview one, where if you judged the right place on the pitch, you could run the full length every time with the defenders simply zig-zagging away from you!
<

Fortunately, they don't make them like that anymore!

Actually ... rugby 2**4 ... hell, they do still make 'em.
<
World class rugby was great. Played it on spectrum, Atari ST and Amiga. On the note of going straight through games, does anyone remember a game on the spectrum, not sure if it was called the fall guy or something. You were in a little car and you could just press right and jump and go all the way through the game without dying.

THE single worst game of all time
<

Never heard of it...mind you I was probably a ickle non-rugby boy back then...
<

Latest posts