• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can Worcester's new signings save them?

What's Cecil Duckworth creating up there in Worcester?
They're gunna end up with completely new backline soon.

Aparently Duckworth has also cast his eyes (and chequebook) south for a new halfback and 1st 5/8.

What bugs me is that Latham is not considered a foreign player, allowing for yet another spot in the team to be taken up be a foreign import.

Rumour has it .... Olly Barkley and Ryan Lamb... both unhappy at Bath and Gloucester respectively, and Lamb already lives in Worcester, Barkley wants games at 10!!

Need a decent scrum half though

How the f***ing f*** did Worcester manage to lure Chris Latham?

Did he think he was being offered a contract at Gloucester? I don't understand it at all, he doesn't fit into their stogey style of play. [/b]

Maybe Worcester were a better fit for his bank account?

Rumour has it .... Olly Barkley and Ryan Lamb... both unhappy at Bath and Gloucester respectively, and Lamb already lives in Worcester, Barkley wants games at 10!!

Need a decent scrum half though
[/b]

Please dont take Ryan we are only poor old Gloucester, I know we cant offer him much compared to the mighty Worcester but have a little thought for the little guy. :wah:

Don't worry, Lamb won't be moving to Worcester.

He's off to Leicester.
[/b]

Why the f*** would he want to go to double european cup winning Leicester when he could stay at C and G cup and Challenge winning Glos.

This just shows that money is the most important factor for many players
r
[/b]

Preety much, if the NZRFU could've ponied up the similar sort of cash Sale offered McAlister something tells me he would be preparing for another Blues campaign in the Super 14 rather than living in Manchester and playing in the rain 30 times a year.

Ditto with Chris Jack, Howlett and Carl Hayman (Not Mauger though, you can keep the useless *******)

Worcester to stay up with Leeds going down for me.
On paper Worcester should be a relatively comfortable midtable team so how they seem to be continously fighting relegation is strange because you would expect them to improve each year yet they don't seem able to do so?
If they do survive this season I would expect them to finally stop being relegation candidates and begin to make an impact on the premiership.

I watched Worcester v Harlequins yesterday....
Only two reasons why harlequins won...
1. Stupid mistakes by Worcester gave away both tries.

2. Shane Drahm... enough said

Gear dropped an easy try but generally him, Tuitupou, Delport, Benjamin and Rasmussen were solid in defence!!!

I do hope Worcester stay up, I think they have the quality to be in the premiership, however they need to learn how to play as a team and start getting the basics right...

I would rather see Leeds go down and then we have a near perfect premiership with Northampton on the way back up...

Latest posts