• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canterbury vs Auckland

J

Juggernaut

The Shield is coming back North to it's rightful home at Eden Park.

Auckland: 1. Saimone Taumoepeau, 2. Tom McCartney, 3. John Afoa, 4. Kurtis Haiu, 5. Jay Williams, 6. Troy Flavell, 7. Daniel Braid, 8. Jerome Kaino, 9. Taniela Moa, 10. Isa Nacewa, 11. Benson Stanley, 12. Sam Tuitupou, 13. Ben Atiga, 14. David Smith, 15. Brent Ward

Replacements: 16. Nick White, 17. Chris Heard, 18. Angus McDonald, 19. Brad Mika, 20. Grayson Hart, 21. Lachie Munro, 22. Tasesa Lavea

Thank **** Lavea is on the bench.

Auckland by 10.

this will be a very good game. the game of the tornament so far (apart from the final :D )

i still pick canterbury, though they played crap last week against tasman.

as for the rightful home of the shield, its where it should be. And hopefully it doesnt move this weekend :)

15. Scott Hamilton (Glenmark)

14. Rico Gear (Loan Player)

13. Casey Laulala (Marist Albion)

12. Hamish Gard (High School Old Boys)

11. Paul Williams (Marist Albion)

10. Stephen Brett (University)

9. Kevin Senio (Shirley)

8. Mose Tuiali’i (Suburbs)

7. Hayden Hopgood (Shirley)

6. Kieran Read (University)

5. Kevin O’Neill (Christchurch)

4. Michael Paterson (Christchurch)

3. Campbell Johnstone (Merivale-Lincoln University)

2. Corey Flynn (Sydenham) captain

1. Ben Franks (Linwood)

Run on Reserves:

16. Mikaele Tuu’u (Burnside)

17. Mike Smith (Marist Albion)

18. Isaac Ross (New Brighton)

19. James Broadhurst (Marist Albion)

20. Tyson Keats (New Brighton)

21. Ben Nowell (Christchurch)

22. Steven Yates (Burnside)

c'mon auckland... take it off the cantabs... auckland are way more prone to losing it to the small sides than canterbury are...

thats a good point shiznit, but id rather canterbury have it :) call me selfish hehe :)

This is one tight game on paper...

Tuitupo over Gard and having to play Hopgood at 7 with Leo'o out are both in Auckland favour.

Canterbury have got a slight edge in the tight 5 and the halves.

Come saturday night it'll on the couch waiting for the Fireworks to spark. What an awesome spectacle for the last round of pool play! Let's hope it lives up to expectation.

Canterbury have got a slight edge in the tight 5 and the halves.[/b]

In the halves yes but it's all equal in the tight-five..

Look for Tuitupou to have a field day against Gard, David Smith to run rings around Williams and Kaino to outplay Tuiali'i.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

shield is back in the yard!..hey rico gear would be wishing he didnt make that transition from tasman after being wasted on that hit!!..he got SMASHED! typical samoan spot tackle lol...

Hopefully that holds the Brett huggers at bay for awhile, looks good when playing All Black-less Super 14 and the Hawkes Bay, but when it comes to playing the big boy's is exposed.

How would I rate that game? Bloody awful/10.

I thought our **** poor effort against Tasman was bad but mighty as Auckland can be the Cantabs were their own worst enemies.

Not passing the ball when they need to, passing the ball when it would be better going to ground, slipping off tackles and just generally atrocious play.

Plus what is up with Brett's kicking that's the 2nd week in a row that he's kicked like crap.

We will just have to hope that we can extinguish what is left of Otago's hopes next week.

This has been the most Fanf***tastic weekend for me.

The shield back at it's ancestral home, Fiji defeating Wales, Storm winning the diet-rugby GF & New York teaching McNabb how it's done.

P.S: Nacewa >>>> Brett

How would I rate that game? Bloody awful/10.

I thought our **** poor effort against Tasman was bad but mighty as Auckland can be the Cantabs were their own worst enemies.

Not passing the ball when they need to, passing the ball when it would be better going to ground, slipping off tackles and just generally atrocious play.

Plus what is up with Brett's kicking that's the 2nd week in a row that he's kicked like crap.

We will just have to hope that we can extinguish what is left of Otago's hopes next week. [/b]

Surprised you watched the game first one this year?

The Auckland defence was just too good in that first half. We had trouble breaking the line in their 22. Congrats to the Auckland team and supporters the better team won on the day. Canterbury just played like crap.

As for bret i hope he comes right, he has class but he needs to settle a bit more under the pressure. It will be interesting if he comes back well. He has what it takes to beat any team on his day, with good ball from the forwards of course.

Nacewa needs a haircut, he looks like a big girl :)

Latest posts