• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canuck Kleeburger signs with Auckland

poopiepeople

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Leinster
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As clubs around the world begin to finalize their rosters, news filtered down to our offices about another Canadian star who has accomplished a similarly unique feat. Canadian international flanker Adam Kleeberger has signed a contract with Auckland of New Zealand's National Provincial Competition (N.P.C.).[/FONT]
http://www.rugbycanada.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=3817&leagueID=0&page=45948

Fair play to him. I really hope he manages well. He was great in the Churchill Cup but I'm not to sure how he did with Rotherham ***ans, but either way this is a pretty huge step for him and hopefuly for Canadian rugby.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I think its a HUGE step for his rugby not so long ago before the super rugby you could say the ITM, NPC was the best rugby competition in the world. If you want to play in a tough national competition for rugby I recommend the Currie cup or ITM. He'll say its a lot faster and tougher out here well so far thats what the others have said anyway.

Well like it said in the article, he defintly has to prove himself but I believe it wont be a major problem for him, I have great faith that he can end up on the starting 22. Or that can just be wishful thinking. Or hopefully jo doubt though his skills will improve greatly just by playing there incase a longer term contract wont be in order.

Yeah, like Sam Owen said, big step for him and Canadian rugby as a whole,
Good luck to the guy

Good on him. It adds a bit of interest to the competition having foreigners and is good for Canada and the player himself. Rugby wins all round.

Agreed. It's like how Todd Clever played for the Lions (S14). It helped his game loads, and it adds a nice bit of interest.

Its interesting that Kleeburger went to Auckland, as they already have three openside flankers in their squad of 28 (Daniel Braid, Auva'a, Polwart). He's not going to start ahead of Dan Braid, but could start ahead of Auva'a (as he runs hot and cold), or ahead of Polwart (as although he's talented, is only 20). I see that he's capable of playing all three loose forward positions, and it's at 6 or 8 that I see him possibly getting more gametime, as their are only two 6/8's in the squad (Lowrey, and Saili). Possibly his value could really be as a bench player, covering all three loose forward positions. I look forward to seeing how he goes.

Good luck to him, I think it will be good experience for him to learn from some great players, and really help lift his game to the next level. I look forward to seeing how he goes

Latest posts