• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Captain America shot dead at age 66 (comic)

captain-america-4-six-page-preview-20050301060709169-000.jpg

I'll fill his shoes...I'm just waiting on the call.

Seriously, though...why would they want to F___ with his story? Even if they bring him back, they talk about changing him...why? He is who he is.

Well, to be honest this is the kind of cheap gimmick that comic writers have to resort to when people stop reading.

A lot of stories are top-knotch stuff, but end up suffering due to many other poorly written stories or as fans drift from the so called "childish" world of comic books due to the image being associated with children or nerdishness.

It seems that there is a cycular interest in comics though, with people coming back to them in droves every ten years or so and then gradually fans slip away as plot and continuity get ever more convoulted.

Its a shame really as when the genre is on fire it is as entertaining as anything other fiction written.

Its a shame Captain America is a scapegoat for the sorry state of some of todays comic books.

fark man

the ***le of this thread is semi misleading

i actually thought the great TRF poster himself was gone

phew!

I would vote for Justice League America, Fantastic Four, Batman, The Flash (of course) and probably X-Men, even though I only really like the X-Men movies.

i'd add superman and spiderman into that. then after having the best comics we could have the best villans. though the joker would have to be one of the best.

what happened to this thread, kinda trailed off pretty quickly.....

captain america is dead... that was a shock wasnt it.

Kinda appropriate though. Sad to say, but America as a genuine ideal has been dying for a long time now.

Virtue seems to be the last thing it stands for. In a way maybe thats what killed the Cap?

i dont know what killed him, apart from a bullet from a sniper.

will be interesting since they arnt stopping the series... yet. it would be hard for marvel to let it go after having it go for 66 years. still selling a decent amount of comics per week/month/whenever they come out.

but captain america only stood for america right? anyone actually know his story? i dont know anything about him, other than he wore red white and blue and was shot by a sniper :)

After the TRFies....

I did think that this was our amazing captain when I first read it....

Where is the Legend, I miss his greatness, that outshines everyone....

A TRUE TRUE AMERICAN HERO!!!

They just need more T and A.
and by that I mean
The Incredible Hulk
hulk.jpg

and

Aquaman!
Aquaman.jpg

The post talking about America itself losing it's virtue was a good analogy. It was sort of appropriate that they had the captain lead the underground resistance, in protect personal freedoms...then he was killed. It sort of echos what has happend here since the September 11th tragedies.

The Daily Telegraph says: "As Captain America emerges from a court-house building, he is struck by a sniper's bullet, blood seeping out of his star-spangled costume."

Well, if he was in court then he deserved to get shot:

Guilty until proved innocent, isn't that the way it is these days?

...even if he wasn't on trial!

we have to have the greatest comics poll next me thinks lol
[/b]

What's the point? It'd be like having a discussion on ursine defecation habits?

dredd2a.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
we have to have the greatest comics poll next me thinks lol
[/b]

What's the point? It'd be like having a discussion on ursine defecation habits?

dredd2a.jpg

[/b][/quote]
Are there any British (and for that fact Irish) Superheros? Like Captain Britania?

"Oh, Jolly Good, you've armed yourself with a nuclear warhead missile device. Let me just have a spot of tea and then we can commence our logical debate on the matter. You better mind yourself too, we superheros only practice the strickest of rules-of-engagement policies."

Are there any British (and for that fact Irish) Superheros? Like Captain Britania?

"Oh, Jolly Good, you've armed yourself with a nuclear warhead missile device. Let me just have a spot of tea and then we can commence our logical debate on the matter. You better mind yourself too, we superheros only practice the strickest of rules-of-engagement policies."
[/b]

Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper et al are British. V for Vendetta too I think. 2000ad was THE comic in the UK. Dan Dare & his Eagle chums was just for wimps.

SB

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper et al are British. V for Vendetta too I think. 2000ad was THE comic in the UK. Dan Dare & his Eagle chums was just for wimps.

SB
[/b][/quote]
Judge Dredd is British???! Why did Stalone play him, then? I bet you guys were a bit ******.

Latest posts