• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Captains

M

Mr. Laxative

Plz tell me which players you have made captain for each team. I've kept default for most, but Stirlo is Wallabies captain and Wilko is now pommy captain. Why is he not default though. He was named captain but then he had a horrible run with injuries and robinson came in to the role. Surely when Wilko gets back he'll be captain again?

Mortlock ahead of Gregan and Sharpe, you're dreaming mate? Semo Sititi is the captn of my World League team, even though I have Umaga and O'Driscoll.

Nah, just like him there. Think he'd be captain for the Wallabies after gregan leaves.

Bull, Stirlo is 27 and Guv is 32. Stirlo's got at least until 2010 i reckon. Rathbone will be captain at some stage - he's 23.

On a slightly different note, does it really matter who your captain is? I mean Crossland has the "command" star but is not the default captain. Would my team play better if I made Crossland the Captain?

Do you mean default Captain? I agree i doubt it has any impact on the game apart from who runs out first.

On a side note, how many threads are you going to bloody create Jacko?

Originally posted by Confused@Apr 22 2005, 02:00 PM
On a slightly different note, does it really matter who your captain is? I mean Crossland has the "command" star but is not the default kicker. Would my team play better if I made Crossland the Captain?
I don't know how many times i have to tell you this......

BUT....

(even though it seems impossible to preach this to the unconverted)..

YES!! It amkes a difference......your metre will go up quicker, stay stronger longer etc etc etc........that is why there is a command star!!!

Just like passer and playmaker star enab and do virtual pop balls to outsides before and in tackle.....

why tactical kickers who are starred tend to carve off mroe and have a more speedy arrow etc....

I hate it when people refuse to believe something is true just because they didn't know about it or had mistakenly refused to acknowledge its possibility.

yes command star players make better captains...
This is why the ABs go better in certain situations with Oliver captain...etc....

I made Stephen Larkham my captain because of the command ability as it adds to momentum and because Bernie is my favourite player
<