Cardiff vs. Ulster

Peat

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Ulster
The Cardiff team

15 Chris Czekaj 14 Richard Mustoe 13 Casey Laulala 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Tom James 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Tom Slater

8 Xavier Rush 7 Maama Molitika 6 Michael Paterson 5 Paul ***o (c) 4 James Down 3 Scott Andrews 2 T Rhys Thomas 1 Taufa'ao Filise

16 Gareth Williams 17 Tom Davies 18 Sam Hobbs 19 Bryn Griffiths 20 Ben White 21 Dan Fish 22 Gareth Davies 23 Gavin Evans

http://www.cardiffblues.com/rugby/4843.php

Ulster team

Ulster (15-9) Adam D’Arcy; Craig Gilroy, Nevin Spence, Ian Whitten, Simon Danielli; Ian Humphreys, Paul Marshall (1-8) Paddy McAllister, Nigel Brady, BJ Botha, Johann Muller (Captain), Dan Tuohy, Pedrie Wannenburg, Chris Henry, Robbie Diack
Replacements: (16-23) Andi Kyriacou, Bryan Young, Jerry Cronin, Tim Barker, Willie Faloon, Ian Porter, Paddy Wallace, Andrew Trimble

Neither team at its strongest. Given Ulster's form of late you'd expect home advantage to come through. Very exciting to see young Gilroy give his first start. Bit bewildering that Faloon's not starting, but I should be over that by now.

I'd predict a cardiff win but I think it will be a close match. Ulsters team lacks leadership and I think thats something they need. I think Ulsters pack is strong. I really like paddy McAllister a good future Irish player IMO. The Backs look good but very inexperienced and I don't think their be able to contain Lualala etc.

luke marshall may push ruan for the 9 shirt if he keeps this up

Superb win for Ulster. 15-37 in the end. Craig Gilroy gog MotM but for me Paul Marshall was the best player on the pitch. The result puts Ulster up to 3rd in the table, one place ahead of Cardiff.

Whooooooop whooooooooop whooooooooo

Dear Cardiff

Thanks for the 5 points on a plate

Yours,
Ulster

p.s. lulz

luke marshall may push ruan for the 9 shirt if he keeps this up

You mean Paul... ^_^

i always type/ say luke!
i know a luke marshall
but atill marshall and gilroy men of the match for me

i always type/ say luke!
i know a luke marshall
but atill marshall and gilroy men of the match for me

Does he play 12 too? :p

And agree there but to add Willie Faloon was epic.

Ravens won away down in Leinster too by about as wide a margin, good weekend for Ulster. 5 tries from the Dungannon back 3 across the two teams.

nah its a guy in my school
dungannon are aib 1b arnt they?

I think Paul Marshall has been playing well all season and I think he controls the team well, Has a good pass and a sweet box kick. He is also a good runner and he can sreate alot. Gilroy was great and so was D'arcy. I think Henry played well and him and the other forwards dominated the breakdown. I thought the scrum was good aswell.
A confidence boost for Ulster and hopefully they can build on this. They still have troubles in defence which needs to be sorted but this is a suprising but crucial 5 point win for Ulster.

Conal, yes they are, only Ulster team in AIL 1 although most of the AIL 2 Ulster teams are in the promotion running.

coonor, I only watched the second half, but I thought the defence was good most of the time. Cardiff had the territory and possession and couldn't make much headway.

If Marshall could smooth out his delivery he'd be Ireland material, benching between Pienaar or no.

Yeah in the first half it was quite poor. Cardiff made alot of breaks due to miss tackles and there were opportunities for them to score more tries but they made unforced errors

Some great counter-attacking on display tonight from Ulster. Not sure what the Cardiff Blues were playing at, simply coughed up possetion time and again, with almost every turnover ending up in a try for Ulster. They were looking so comfortouble at one stage aswell.

Tom James looked dangerous though, and had a good game overall. Along with Wales, Blues are despirate to have Roberts back really, as Hewitt isn't all that great, although he's not terrible. Haven't been all that impressed with the Blues recruits in the back 5. Patterson is alright, but he's very hit and miss. Pitty Down got injured early, as he was looking good untill that point. Rhys Thomas had another strong game at hooker, but my god was ***o aweful!