• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Castleford v Catalans

Cas really bombed this one. They played some really dumb rugby and the amount of penalties they were giving away was plain stupid. I have NEVER seen anyone be sinbinned for persistent offside before in my life, unless my memory fails me. The Dragons took their chances well but they didn't do a great deal, Cas shot themselves in the foot so many times and kept setting the platform for their opponents by giving away so many penalties!

Nice to see Stuart Cummins has got his agenda for the season sorted. No doubt whilst people are pulled up for not having both feet behind the ref, the other facets of the game will go down the tubes instead, seeing as the refs can't remember all parts of the rulebook....

I watched bits of this game and thought Les Catalans played some good Rugby... I am defiently going to have to build up on my knowledge of Super League tho!!!

Would love to see Les Catalans improve to be able to compete near the top of the table.

It would be good for the sport. They play decent rugby. They did in the second half today, every time they got near Cas' line in the first half they kept throwing interceptions but settled down in the second half.

Cas did all the work for them though, they kept giving away 35 yards at a time with penalties.

Good second half from the Dragons. I thought Cas looked poor to be honest and I can see a season of struggle ahead of them... they would have had this game down as one they could win but the loss of Brough to Wakefield looks to me to have left a massive hole that they'll struggle to fill.

Castleford had this game until half-time. Poor decsions and miss tackles gave the game up. Terry Matherson will rip it into them and I reckon they will beat the "smaller" teams this season to stay in the Super League. They just have to watch the silly pens. That said the Dragons have a good mix of players and they should be in the top 8 come end of the season.

Latest posts