• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celebrity Reality TV shows

S

St Helens RLFC

Celebrity Dancing, Celebrity Singing, Celebrity Big Brother, when will it stop?

TV at its lowest level. Discuss.

Celebrity Russian Roulette will be the next one... and I will be the host!!!

Maybe we can have a forum brother.... "I'm a former forum celebrity, resurrect my post count"!

It could feature Los Lover, Bom-Bom, Rugbys_a_religion and neh. Special guest apperences from Kaftka and othger legends to set weekly challenges or simply taunt them.

The winner of the competition will recieve... Absoloutely nothing, except being forever known as the first annual winner of the TRF "I'm a former forum celebrity, resurrect my post count" champion!

Celebrity Dancing, Celebrity Singing, Celebrity Big Brother, when will it stop?

TV at its lowest level. Discuss.
[/b]

Did watch celebrity big brother last night only to see whether there was anyone worthy of being a celebrity actually in there, not to be though, was so boring, I fell asleep before the last few went in, certainly won't be watching any of the series proper.

It's quite sad in this day and age the obesession that there is with celebrity and the lengths that people will go to to achieve this, all this week on channel 4 they've been showing bits and pieces of former celebrity big brother series and it just gets you thinking, what the hell are you doing this for, some creepy sex game between George Gallaway and some red head actor, proof perfect of the failings of celebrity big brother when you don't know who the celebrities even are.

The naughties really has been the worst decade ever for television, with this obsession with reality tv. I want to watch tv, primarily to be entertained but usually it's a bit of escapism, you can switch off and relax but then you get this tripe of real people being on the television, well they're not real people, the majority of them are certifiable, if people want to watch this sort of behaviour, go into psychiatry and leave tv for the dramas, comedies, chat shows without poxy reality tv contestants shamelessly plugging some shite single that will only make record companies money while they get a pittance for whoring themselves.

And yet I'm obviously in the minority as ratings for these poxy shows seems to be growing, not helped by the feckin tabloids devoting pages and pages to them every day, must find some way to block E4 on the tv now that this CBB will be on 24/7.

Reality tv is damaging creativity as far as quality new shows are concerned, the number of class new shows certainly has diminished throughout this decade as hours and hours of scheduling are handed over to this muck, someone really needs to take a 7 iron to these high ranking tv execs who continue to endure with this shite and force them to pay attention to new ideas for proper shows.

Wow I've just been ranting to someone about this very topic....it's utterly loathsome isn't it.

How about Celebrity Build as Hospital in Africa Idol. Do you remember that one where Chris Evans and some other did a charity tour of places in India and Sri Lanka affected by the tsunami? That had merit.

I think that was for Comic Relief, that was powerful viewing, especially seeing the kids at the rubish tips searching for food. Even the first celebrity big brother was for Comic Relief so it also had some merit now it's just tragic washed up hasbeens trying to revive their careers and they're paid decently for it as well.

Celebrity Russian Roulette will be the next one
[/b]

Here in the Merry Old Land of Oz, we've got the next best thing - Celebrity Joker Poker (sponsored by Wild Turkey). Also, there is Australia's Brainiest Kid spin-offs. Australia's Brainiest Idol, Australia's Brainiest Quiz Master, Australia's Brainiest Big Brother 06 Housemate (I had no idea how they got that to work - I mean each contestant has about 2 brain cells), Australia's Brainiest TV Personality, Australia's Brainiest Radio Host...... etc.

Also, there is It Takes Two (Celeb Singing), Dancing with the Stars, Torvill and Dean's Dancing on Ice and there was another which I can't remember.

On another note, if you want to READ a parody of this sort or TV then look no further than Ben Elton's "Chart Throb". I've just finished reading this and (I never thought I'd say this about a book), it's hilarious. A great look at life behind a reality TV show - not that there is much truth in it. :cheers:

On another note, if you want to READ a parody of this sort or TV then look no further than Ben Elton's "Chart Throb". I've just finished reading this and (I never thought I'd say this about a book), it's hilarious. A great look at life behind a reality TV show - not that there is much truth in it. :cheers:
[/b]

Dead Famous is good too....a whodunnit murder caught on camera in the big brother house....with a curmudgeonly Frost type policeman investigating.

The whole telephone voting to see your favourite celebrity stay or voting them off is annoying as hell. They only ever donate a few pence to charity & the rest goes into they're back pockets.

Why on earth do they ***le they're shows as Celebrity -[insert show here]-. They are not celebrities, just full of unknown/unliked actors/pop members trying to revive they're career.

The whole telephone voting to see your favourite celebrity stay or voting them off is annoying as hell.
[/b]

Agreed...Which makes you wonder why the beeb have decided to do Sport Personality of the Year that way.

pa30991_175x175.jpg

Block votes a-go-go

how about Armed and Famous over here

they take these B List Celebs and try to make them cops or some stupid ****

What about celebrity shag where random 'z' list bloke celebrities get to share the jacuzzi with Girls Aloud.

Latest posts