skills, the making of a great player, he can play a lot of positions
and he has a great kicking boot. He may be the sollution for
South-Africa. The only thing he lacks in is the fact that he does
not have a lot of experience. Is he good enough or will he crack
under presure ? He is currently South-Africa's centre and the
question is : IS HE GOOD ENOUGH TO HELP SOUTH-AFRICA
WIN THE WORLD CUP ? ;)

Steyn will be a superstar.

He was good at 12 in one of the warm up matches (?), and was solid against England. SA definitely need creativity in the centre to win the RWC, and he may supply it. But his inexperience may come against him, not the same way it did against the ABs in the summer when he was sent on at outhalf - I'm thinking more against Aus's Giteau and Mortlock or ... I was going to name Ireland's two centres, but we'll probably have to wait for the Lions before that contest becomes possible.

I dont pretend to know a whole lot about him but from what i saw in super 14 and tri nations he seems to be fine if he gets off to a good start and gets a couple of good touchs but i have seen it where his errors snowball on him and his games falls away. If you cant have De Villiers (i cant spell) then he definitely is your best bet.

All from NZ POV of course

If not Steyn and Fourie, who else? Wayne Julies? Olivier? They're both average and both about as creative as a doorknob. Steyn is outstanding, i cant wait for the next few years when it will hopefully be
9) Du Preez
10)Pienaar
11)Habana
12)Barritt
13)Fourie
14)Pieterson
15)Steyn

He cracked big time in the tri-nations at Durban against us this year when he came on, had an absolute shocker.
Don't think we'll see too much of that in the future, the guys unbelievable. He's only 20, weighs in at 100kg (he is surprisingly very big), and just oozes class. He's a definite keeper.

Latest posts