English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
GJpJJ8r.jpg

Sale Sharks: 15. Mike Haley, 14. Tom Arscott, 13. Will Addison, 12. Johnny Leota, 11. Nev Edwards, 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Chris Cusiter, 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Tommy Taylor, 3. Vadim Cobilas, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Cameron Neild, 7. Magnus Lund, 8. Josh Beaumont (capt.)

Replacements: 16. Neil Briggs, 17. James Flynn, 18. Ciaran Parker, 19. Jonathan Mills, 20. Mark Easter, 21. James Mitchell, 22. Joe Ford, 23. Mark Jennings

Rotated side, but more first choice than we've sent away in Europe this season so far.
12 academy products in there, as well (plus a couple who we spotted/were the first pro club of).

Joshy B captain as well - I think that's a nod towards next season, as Taylor, Maggie, Cus and Cipriani have all captained Sale in the past, so I reckon Josh is going to take over when Braid retires.

Due to a broken finger I am currently thinking about making the 3hr trip to Heidelberg tomorrow, to watch their Challenge Cup qualifying match again Timisoa Saracenes. :)

3 - 27,
Got the try BP.

Newport thrashing Castres atm so looks like it'll be a straight shoot between us two next week to see who will progress.

To be fair, if Josh starts picking up caps while at Sale I think he might stay.

He has very strong ties to Fylde (his Dad's club, and the club he started at) - goes along to watch all their games, coaches, involved in off field stuff.
Can't see him leaving that.

It sucks that the Russians got two wins but won't be able to play in the competition next season, while clubs with no wins like Pau or Agen will be there again unless they get relegated in their domestic league.

If the Challenge Cup is considered a burden by these smaller clubs, why not remove them from it? Open up the competition to Russian, Romanian, german or Spanish clubs who could improve a lot by participating in it.

It's so unfair and ridiculous that the Russians for example will be forced to play in the qualification playoffs, regardless of their results. It's the worst two clubs from a given year that should play in these playoffs, regardless what league they are from! Currently Pau and Calvisano sit on the bottom of their groups with zero points, Calvisano will be in the qualifiers but not Pau, is there any other sport in Europe where this can happen?

Emisei-STM has better results this season that the following clubs: Pau, Calvisano, Worcester, La Rochelle and Agen.

It sucks that the Russians got two wins but won't be able to play in the competition next season, while clubs with no wins like Pau or Agen will be there again unless they get relegated in their domestic league.

If the Challenge Cup is considered a burden by these smaller clubs, why not remove them from it? Open up the competition to Russian, Romanian, german or Spanish clubs who could improve a lot by participating in it.

It's so unfair and ridiculous that the Russians for example will be forced to play in the qualification playoffs, regardless of their results. It's the worst two clubs from a given year that should play in these playoffs, regardless what league they are from! Currently Pau and Calvisano sit on the bottom of their groups with zero points, Calvisano will be in the qualifiers but not Pau, is there any other sport in Europe where this can happen?

Emisei-STM has better results this season that the following clubs: Pau, Calvisano, Worcester, La Rochelle and Agen.

That !!

I wonder how much Merrick has to do with the power of this Quins scrum?

...He's a big ole unit.

It is little surprise the Welsh teams cannot fill their grounds when you watch Scarlett's and Cardiff......not sure I would go out to watch them on a regular basis and I did for Biarritz!!!

It is little surprise the Welsh teams cannot fill their grounds when you watch Scarlett's and Cardiff......not sure I would go out to watch them on a regular basis and I did for Biarritz!!!

There's a lot of heart and a lot of things changing at Cardiff. The current set up is having to change massively thanks to past errors. I'm positive despite a poor run of results at the moment.

I think that this will never happen.

I do not see that there was an interest in the development of rugby in the east.

We need to win more than us have not forgotten entirely ...

But thank you for your words.

Latest posts