• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup 20/21 - Round of 16

Do you think it was more a case that the Welsh teams played badly or the English teams played well?
Realistically all those games came down to a coin toss,
Both sides played well and both sides had lapses of concentration

Newcastle were the luckiest - I think without the cards they'd have lost as ospreys looked better for the majority, but you can only play what's in front of you

The way you're talking the pro 14 sides should've been expected to win all these games comfortably because you're so shocked that they didn't. I don't get why, because the English sides are in good form and have some quality players

Well having watched all three Anglo-Welsh clashes, it seemed that looseness, ill-discipline and shoddy lineouts ultimately proved the undoing for the Welsh sides.

Realistically all those games came down to a coin toss,
Both sides played well and both sides had lapses of concentration

Newcastle were the luckiest - I think without the cards they'd have lost as ospreys looked better for the majority, but you can only play what's in front of you

The way you're talking the pro 14 sides should've been expected to win all these games comfortably because you're so shocked that they didn't. I don't get why, because the English sides are in good form and have some quality players
I am not shocked so much as disappointed, especially as the Blues and Ospreys (less so the Dragons) had several players returning from a successful 6N.

That maul defence was a thing of beauty, almost pushed the Connacht pack into the stands

No idea why they didn't take the scrum or the tap. Their all round maul is very bad.

Is this yet another Pro14 apocalypse in Europe? So far only Leinster (due to a covid bye) and much more surprisingly Benetton have gone through.
I think the prem has been a considerably higher standard this year to be honest. It happens, look at 2016. Wasn't long after that no prem sides made the semis and only one the QFs.

Latest posts