-------------------------------------

And who calls Wigan mutants???

Heres the Quarter-finals draw.

Wigan v Harlequins
St Helens v Warrington
Hull FC v Catalans Dragons
Bradford v Huddersfield

looking forward to Saints v Wolves this weekend

would think that we could put a good score on Warrington, who despite their insistence have to see SL survival as their priority at the moment

Fair play to Warrington, they came and had a good go today and luckily for us we had just enough in the locker because we were very, very poor.

Great game to watch but really a poor performance by the saints, but wolves got made to look better than they actually are I felt...

I agree. Wire started well and got in our faces and it took us until a 10 minute spell in the second half to string some stuff together and we won comfortably in the end.

And I didn't think Adrian Morley would ever break his record for quickest sending off, but he managed to get himself off injured after 4 seconds today. A new record. Shouldn't have tried to take Fozzard out. How you Aussies can think he's our best export is beyond belief - it just goes to show you know nothing about the British sport. Overrated, injury prone thug.

Where was Sean Long's brain today? The guy was all but useless. James Roby played well though, great strenth for the killer try.

That young lad on Warrington's left wing looked very useful, he absolutely skinned the St Helens defense for their opening score.

Sean Long was as bad as I've ever seem him. Good kick for Talau's try early in the second half, great drop goal, other than that he was abysmal. He even got booed after one particularly poor kick to Gardner, and I can't criticise people for doing so. He was dreadful. In his defence though he hasn't played for a good few weeks and you could tell.

I have been bigging Roby up for over a year now - he never really got into the game you saw in Cardiff, but he was excellent today and he really is going to be some player, injuries excepting of course.

As for that Warrington lad (Penny, his name was) on the wing, boy is he fast but I thought he was dire. His handling is out of this league - I haven't seen a Super League winger (apart from the LEGENDARY Dessai Williams) look so bad under the high ball. I wasn't too impressed Tim, though he took his try very well, I agree.

I think if you watched him under the high ball on TV rather than live you would have a different opinion. He times his jump very well and gets a massive amount of air time. The commentaters were talking up that part of his game and I have to agree.

Made one handling error while trying to take a bomb on one occasions, but he rose above Saints players on a number of others.

Obviously you'll have the benefit of the TV (well, internet, you lazy git!) replays) but he looked very shaky. And he just didn't impress me at all he knocked on needlessly several times but now I sound like I'm talking about us. He's got lots to learn though and a long way to go.

And what the f**k was the referee playing at? He had a crazy spell of about 5 minutes where he went bananas and wrongly disallowed Meli's try and then gave ripped out to Wire when it wasn't. And of course the fiasco of the Cunningham forced obstruction.

Other than that, he was alright.

And what the f**k was the referee playing at? He had a crazy spell of about 5 minutes where he went bananas and wrongly disallowed Meli's try and then gave ripped out to Wire when it wasn't. And of course the fiasco of the Cunningham forced obstruction.
[/b]

:D

Again, you need to see it on the TV. Meli's try was rightly disallowed for a forward pass, and a Saints player definately slapped the ball out of the Warrington player's hand.

Seriously, even with my admittedly rookie level of League knowledge, the referee seemed very, very good. Wish we could see the same levels of officiating in Union.

I thought he was fine, just apart from the mad few minutes. I'll take your word on the forward and the reefed ball, but what did you think about the shoving?

Cunningham made no attempt to get back onside, so to be honest I thought he got what deserved. Whether the shove itself was technically legal or not is another question.

He made no attempt to get onside true, however:

1) He was shoved. Penalty full stop.
2) He was shoved into the ruck area. That's actually a sin bin offence.

Wussy Northerners.

I actually thought the funniest moment of the match came when Fasavalu (sp?) gave one of the Wolves' players a playful clip round the ear for pulling his hair, and the guy went down like he'd been shot.

Just like watching Christiano Ronaldo.

Latest posts