• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Champions Cup 2018] Semi Final - Racing 92 v Munster

It's a shame honestly after the Tigers double headers and the way Munster played I thought they looked like they might win it. (Might have put a fiver on them to.....)
Just didn't have any of the ferocity shown in those games today.

Certainly missed Bane jnr and the lacked control at 10, Murray is great 10 but if your fly Half tries to do a stupid panicky drop goal attempt to chase in the first 20 mins you really have to question their mentality.

It's a shame honestly after the Tigers double headers and the way Munster played I thought they looked like they might win it. (Might have put a fiver on them to.....)
Just didn't have any of the ferocity shown in those games today.

Certainly missed Bane jnr and the lacked control at 10, Murray is great 10 but if your fly Half tries to do a stupid panicky drop goal attempt to chase in the first 20 mins you really have to question their mentality.
Cloete was huge loss. Farrell and Taute also. Add in we lost our nerve and the heat.
But it was same condition for both teams and Racing took their chances well

To be honest, given where we were earlier in the season with the changes to management mid-season and some of our injuries, back then I didn't even think we'd get this far. I'll be happy with how far we got in the tournament with a little distance, but obviously I'm not happy today. It sucks to see another year pass us by, but the bright side is that a lot of the side are young and will have a few more shots at it .

Realistically, based on the last two years, it feels like Semi-Final is our level at the moment. If we had played to our best and scraped a win here, Leinster would have still been too much for us on our best day. Next year Van Graan is in charge for the full season, so we'll see what he's capable of bringing out of these players then.

No issues going for a drop.

But be clear in that, drop back and give yourself a chance.

Machenaud is out, likely until 2019. That's a huge huge blow. Machenaud has a legitimate claim as the World's best 9, the other two 9's in the squad are 27 with about 60 games for Top 14 sides or a 25 year old with 13 Racing caps neither of which I've heard of. As a result Leinster have jumped from 6 point to 10 point favourites.

Machenaud is out, likely until 2019. That's a huge huge blow. Machenaud has a legitimate claim as the World's best 9, the other two 9's in the squad are 27 with about 60 games for Top 14 sides or a 25 year old with 13 Racing caps neither of which I've heard of. As a result Leinster have jumped from 6 point to 10 point favourites.
Add in their leader from the 16 jersey and that is monumental

Machenaud Sarswesky out Vakatawa doubtful due to recurring groin injury (has to undergo surgery in June) - still one more game this weekend

Racing edging closer to their B side :D

Latest posts