• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions cup as things stand coming into the final week.

Handicaps currently with the bookies

Clermont (-6) V Toulon (+6)
Munster (-6) V Toulouse (+6)
Saracens (-14) V Glasgow (+14)
Leinster (-4) V Wasps (+4)

You'd have to respect Saracens record in this competition but (-14) seems a bit generous. Expect it'll be tighter than that. I'd take all four home teams to win outright though.

Handicaps currently with the bookies

Clermont (-6) V Toulon (+6)
Munster (-6) V Toulouse (+6)
Saracens (-14) V Glasgow (+14)
Leinster (-4) V Wasps (+4)

You'd have to respect Saracens record in this competition but (-14) seems a bit generous. Expect it'll be tighter than that. I'd take all four home teams to win outright though.

All irrelevant until after 6 Nations. Leinster's large amount of player input for Ireland may be a bad thing for example as Ireland have a tough finish

As for Wasps, depends massively on conditions and the way Leinster approach the game. We basically don't get beaten in fast-paced and flowing games with lots of room to play. With Cipriani, Beale and Gopperth we have the best set of playmakers of any team, and we are a LOT better than this time a year ago. However, as several have noted we don't fully look the part away from home and I'd also add that we look spooked on the big stage of late. I don't see Leinster being silly enough to give us the type of game we want and their defence and discipline will be strong. We have an outside chance but Leinster clear favourites.

3 clubs qualified. Not a bad return. Wonder how many we'd get if our clubs took a real interest.

The standards of refereeing have been poor in Europe. In Top 14 they still know how to ref scrums and not flash yellow at every opportunity. The view here is that the new tackling rules are poorly applied and ruining the flow of games. Decisions are hard to understand for fans. Also French clubs know they won't get a fair hearing in case of citing. EPCR have a big white elephant in the room...

Europe is not attracting fans as it used to. Half empty stadium at Castres on Friday. Today's game was a pool decider for us yet we had our lowest attendance of the season.

Final: Clermont v Saracens.

Last edited:
3 clubs qualified. Not a bad return.

The standards of refereeing have been poor in Europe. In Top 14 they still know how to ref scrums and not flash yellow at every opportunity. The view here is that the new tackling rules are poorly applied and ruining the flow of games. Decisions are hard to understand for fans. Also French clubs know they won't get a fair hearing in case of citing. EPCR have a big white elephant in the room...

Europe is not attracting fans as it used to. Half empty stadium at Castres on Friday. This was a pool decider for us yet we had our lowest attendance of the season.

Final: Clermont v Saracens.

Pool decider? Castres were out barring a miracle. Clermont I agree will reach the final and Munster barring injury as they will have home advantage for the quarter and semi.

Pool decider? Castres were out barring a miracle. Clermont I agree will reach the final and Munster barring injury as they will have home advantage for the quarter and semi.

Don't think we will have Home advantage if we make semis as I see Glasgow beating Saracens.

The good thing about the qfs is that there is no gimme whatsoever. Munster have it the easiest but Toulouse could beat them over the 80 if they turn up, they should have won in Coventry last week and Thomond isn't beyond them. Dublin and Clermont is where I see the most likely away win though, you could hardly begrudge Wasps an away win considering that they deserve to be 2nd seeds, we'll slap 'em around if we're any way clinical though. Henshaw v Eastmond/Gopperth and Cips with Ringrose, RO'L and Byrne lurking should reap rewards if injuries stay away, none of their backrow or front row would start for us either!

I meant the Toulouse game.

I meant the Toulouse game.

Be honest, if it were Leinster or Munster the crowd would have been fine. Connacht are not a draw yet, Toulouse thought they'd just have to show up to get a win.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think we will have Home advantage if we make semis as I see Glasgow beating Saracens.

Not up to speed on the new rules, I thought Munster finishing in the top 2 guarantees them a home semi should they reach it?

The good thing about the qfs is that there is no gimme whatsoever. Munster have it the easiest but Toulouse could beat them over the 80 if they turn up, they should have won in Coventry last week and Thomond isn't beyond them. Dublin and Clermont is where I see the most likely away win though, you could hardly begrudge Wasps an away win considering that they deserve to be 2nd seeds, we'll slap 'em around if we're any way clinical though. Henshaw v Eastmond/Gopperth and Cips with Ringrose, RO'L and Byrne lurking should reap rewards if injuries stay away, none of their backrow or front row would start for us either!

You sir, are a naughty bast***!
I'm guessing you're talking about Leinsters first choice back-row rather than the trash you put out yesterday? :p

Last edited:
Be honest, if it were Leinster or Munster the crowd would have been fine. Connacht are not a draw yet, Toulouse thought they'd just have to show up to get a win.

Leinster played down in Castres in half empty stadium. Europe attendance is down across the board not just in Toulouse. Not enough bums on seats. I'm always honest.

Leinster played down in Castres in half empty stadium. Europe attendance is down across the board not just in Toulouse. Not enough bums on seats. I'm always honest.

Don't worry you need not trouble yourself with this tiresome old tournament for much longer. You'll be getting off at the next stop mon ami ;)

Don't worry you need not trouble yourself with this tiresome old tournament for much longer. You'll be getting off at the next stop mon ami ;)

Trust the celts to win it when everybody else bar Sarries has lost interest :lol:

You sir, are a naughty bast***!
I'm guessing you're talking about Leinsters first choice back-row rather than the trash you put out yesterday? :p

Haha! Flip a coin between Conan and Johnson if SOB isn't fit and we'll be fine, Van der Flier won't play a game that bad for the rest of his career!

- - - Updated - - -

Not up to speed on the new rules, I thought Munster finishing in the top 2 guarantees them a home semi should they reach it?

No jockstrap in new rule an away win in QF gets rewarded

Latest posts