• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread 2005-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Draw takes place within the next few minutes, once whos playing who I will post it here, I shall especially be watching the Liverpool Draw and heres hoping for Rangers...

Weder Bremen Vs Juventus
Bayern Munich Vs Ac Milan
PSV Eindhoven Vs Lyon
Ajax Vs Inter Milan
Benfica Vs Liverpool
Rangers Vs Villareal

Fantastic Draw.......

Cant wait for Liverpool Vs Benfica, and Chelsea Vs Barcelona and even Real Madrid Vs Arsenal.....

This is a fantastic Draw, also Rangers have a very good chance of beating Villarreal

Handy draw for Liverpool, one foot in the quarters already, besides Rangers Benfica would have to be one of the weakest teams left in the competition. Certainly wasn't impressed with them when they played Lille in the Stade de France.

Chelsea Barcelona, meh much of the same again, Mourinho will have a whinge about the ref, although this time round the second leg is in the Camp Nou so I think that gives Barca a slight edge.

Real against Arsenal, fantastic tie, with the way those teams play their football, that'll certainly be one for the purists and neutrals. Real will be obvious favourites but I think Arsenal could pull it off.

Villareal against Rangers, should be fairly straightforward for the Spanish, can't see an upset there. Besides McLeish could be out of a job by then.

Milan against Munich, clash of the giants, don't know if Milan will get through this one, Bayern have had a decent enough run in the group stages while Milan stuttered their way through.

Lyon v PSV, another good draw, should be a decent tie, both teams in decent form, fancy Lyon to get through and even go further this time round.

Bremen v Juve, again should be a routine enough tie for Juve, doubt Bremen can do enough damage and take something to Turin for the second leg.

Ajax v Inter is certainly another tasty tie, just fancy Inter with their firepower up front to scrape through, but it'll be a close one, Ajax are certainly no mugs.

just found this ,made me laugh
<

0,,2005250700,00.jpg

Chelsea must really have got under Barca's skin last season, already with some cause I might add, they're whingeing about the pitch, just shut up and get on with the job.

This could be a corker, a week away and the banter's beginning.

The richest club in the world with a sunday league pitch
rock.gif

No doubt they will re-lay it the day after they play Barca

I just hope they get thrashed

C'mon Barca!!

no it looks like they're going to leave it for the rest of the season in order to give the new pitch which they'll put down during the Summer more of a chance to set.

I still think Barca will have too much for Chelsea, although to be fair they aren't pulling up trees at the moment either.

well they were going great guns last year and it didn't end up making a difference when they lost the tie, so throwing all the logic out the window they'll probably end up doing the job this time round.

So back to the action this evening with some mouthwatering ties, especially at the Bernabeau and the Allianz Arena.

Arsenal face a huge psychological test this evening with their recent form, can they cut loose and put their season back on track, would be surprised tbh.

Liverpool should get something out of their tie in Benfica, recent form has been superb, 2 morale boosting wins going into the game, and it looks like Alonso will be fit enough to take his place.

Lyon go to Eindhoven with a great chance to make the last 8 again, one of the outsiders for the competition but as proved last season PSV have continued their European form and will pose the French champions some problems this evening.

Think we could see a decent performance from Milan this evening, the pressure might end up being too much on Bayern and Milan might come away with a 2-1 win.

Well interesting night, only saw the PSV Lyon match, not great, PSV had most of the play, didn't create too much, had early chances, Coupet's a class act though, good save from your man with the long name, flukey enough goal from Juninho, put some swerve on it but the keeper should have dealt with it.

Surprised to see Liverpool losing in Lisbon, what were Crouch, Gerrard and Hamann doing on the bench? Not getting an away goal as well, certainly didn't expect that.

Huge win for Arsenal, tie's not over by a long shot but that should certainly give Arsenal a massive confidence boost.

Bayern and Milan can still go either way with Milan slight favourites thanks to the away goal but then losing Gatusso for the second leg weakens them slightly also.

Results:

Bayern Munich 1-1 Milan
Benfica 1-0 Liverpool
PSV 0-1 Lyon
Real Madrid 0-1 Arsenal

well tough loss for liverpool,(one of my fav. teams) but i still can't wait to watch it on FSC over here, along with my fav. team chelsea's match..

Disappointed we lost the game to be honest. We were really comfortable from the sounds of it (I had to watch Real Madrid vs. Arsenal because I don't have ITV4) and it was a bad goal to lose.

I do, however, fancy us to turn that round in the second leg.

Ummmm....... I don't think so, no... You might be able to get it with Sky but I have it with Telewest.

I got it on ESPN, they played it after the Arsenal game but i fell asleep 20min in and we looked in control, dont know what went wrong.

Im so tired now and i gotta go to concert tonight :zzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts