• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread Part 2

Ha Ha Love the nutter who ran on the pitch with a barcelona shirt with Henry on the back, and gave it to Henry who had a nice long look at it.... What a ledgend

Henry was admiring it.... thinking christ i like the look of that shirt what great quality and my name looks fab on it...

Cheers for that Lora - any tips for tonight, so I can put a bet on exactly the opposite happening, seeing as you seem to excel at being wrong about football....?

Just found this on BBC's site & I found it amusing;

Originally posted by BBC Site

Linesman ejected from Paris final 

One of the linesmen for the Champions League final has been replaced after being photographed wearing a Barcelona shirt on Monday.
Norwegian Ole Hermann Borgan wore the shirt for a photoshoot with his local newspaper, Drammens Tidende.

Borgan had insisted he would remain impartial and Uefa initially stuck by him before deciding to replace him with his compatriot Arild Sundet.

Sundet is not yet in Paris, but will be flown in on Wednesday morning.

The newspaper wanted Borgan to wear both Arsenal and Barcelona shirts for the photoshoot, according to its sports editor Per Jan Brekke.

But the official found out he only owned a Barca shirt - and this was the picture that appeared in Tuesday's edition of the paper.

"It was both insensitive and stupid of me. I did not think deeply enough about the situation and the consequences when I was asked to dress up in the shirt," Borgan said.

"But there is no reason to doubt my impartiality - I don't support either of the teams."

Norway's referees chief, Rune Pedersen, agreed that Borgan had been unwise to pose in the shirt.

"There is an unwritten rule that officials must not do anything which will cast doubt on their impartiality," he said.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had earlier played down the incident, saying: "I never go into a game looking at the referees.

"I always have a positive feeling about them. They always do the job as well as they can and in an honest way.

"The fact that one of the guys is pictured in a Barcelona shirt doesn't change my mind."

And his Barca counterpart Frank Rijkaard added: "Arsenal should give him a shirt straight away and take a photo. Then we will be levelled.

"I really don't think it makes any difference, as far as I know he was on holiday."

The officials for the final will all be Norwegian, with Hauge the main man in charge and Steinar Holvik and Sundet running the lines.

Hauge was critical of Borgan but said he understood why he had posed for the picture.

He explained: "It was a stupid thing to do but I can assure you he did it in pure joy at being picked for this game.

"There was no intention to bring speculation that he is a Barcelona supporter. He put a shirt on to symbolise the final.

"He has never been a Barca fan. It was a stupid slip which he regrets a lot."

It's funny but its unbelievable how the game is run nowadays. I did find what Frank Rijkaard said was funny, 'Arsenal should give him a shirt straight away and take a photo. Then we will be levelled.'

I can see it being another Middlesborough.

I so hope it isn't, Arsenal have worked too hard. Plus I hate Barcelona's manager.

However I find it surprising that Walcott isn't in the squad, he can be good enough for England but NOT Arsenal! Hmm.

BM

Really bad call by the ref, right decision to card Lehmann but the goal should have stood and then he could have gone back and sent him off.

Goes from bad to worse for this gobshite of a ref, that was a dive from Eboue. Seriously how do UEFA justify appointing someone who FIFA won't be using at the world cup?

1 - 0 Arsenal Big Sol Campbell doing the damage

Eto has Hit the post in stopage time.....

The game should be 1-1
the ref being an absolute disgrace....

Come on Barca

Might want to work on his defence though with Eto'o just tearing him a new arse and having to rely on an awesome save from Almunia.

Strange move taking off Fabregas, need him on the pitch as he's been linking up well with Henry and Ljungberg.

So, it finished 2-1.

Two things summed that game up IMO,

1. Lehmann red card was harsh and ruined the game from a spectators point of view.

and...

2. The ref was a pleb.

Best 2 teams in the final and ruined by a muppet but Barca were the best team throughout the competition and what a cameo by Larsson.

Put it this way, this is the last time you will see that Arsenal again. It takes alot for a team like Arsenal to make it to the final, so for it to be ruined by that cock (not apologising) is a travesty.

I only hope Henry Doesn't leave, as the Premiership will be a very boring place without him. Imagine just watching MOTD without him every week, yeah you can't. So let's be hoping Walcott is as good.

BM

They made a good point pretty much along the same lines on the tv, will be a very different Arsenal team next season, no Henry, Cole, Pires and Bergkamp, a lot of rebuilding for Arsenal to do.

Latest posts