• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread Part 2

Ah, but you are wrong. Ronaldinho thrives on the defenders pushing him tight. He can produce that moment of magic, leaving the defender thinking, ''Great, he has touched the ball once in 20 minutes but we are 1-0 down''

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Apr 19 2006, 12:03 PM
Ah, but you are wrong. Ronaldinho thrives on the defenders pushing him tight. He can produce that moment of magic, leaving the defender thinking, ''Great, he has touched the ball once in 20 minutes but we are 1-0 down''

BM
He didn't touch the ball once though. Barce kept feeding him the ball, and most of the time his attempts to unlock the defense failed. He's a great player, but he still has matches where he doesn't play that well. More often than not he ended up giving the ball away last night and handing possession straight back to Milan. The fact that they weren't able to do anything with it doesn't detract from the fact that on an individual level Ronaldinho didn't have a great game.

Expect to see more of him in the Nou Camp.

I didn't see much of the game last night, but from what I did, I believe that Ronaldinho is capable of playing 100 times better than what he did. So skilful, strong as an ox, great eye for goal... the lad is class. Class, class, class.

So, tonight, Arsenal's date with destiny...

I think they will win myself, they should take a lead out to Spain with them and take it from there.

Are you supporting them? If not, why not?

The Gooners should do the job, and supprisingly I don't hate them this year, so I also shall be cheering them on.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 19 2006, 07:04 PM
vilareal will be too strong for arsenal.

im saying 2-1 vilareal
I'd say it's the other way round. While Villarealy did well to knock out Inter in the last round, Arsenal have beaten (and to a large degree outplayed) much better sides, such as Real Madrid and Juventus.

back to the match anyway, decent game Arsenal really should be out of sight, would certainly be a concern for next week. Villareal were there for the taking especially being without their keeper and 2 centre backs.

Officials were awful, Henry's goal should have stood, Gilberto was lucky not to be pinged for a penalty, at least it went both ways but at this level the ref and his assistants should be of a better standard. Hadn't heard of this ref before so was wondering how he got such a high profile game.

The Ref was the same guy who was in control of Liverpool vs Benfica at Anfield and look at the job he did there.... BRING BACK COLLINA

im woried bout this as villareal are dangerous at home, very dangerous as ive said 2-1 villareal

I am still undecided whether I would like to see Arsenal Win the Champions League, but I would like to see them get to the final, as I am guessing hopefully it could mean an extra game to get match fit for Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell, also the chance to see the Two greatest players of the game at the moment on the Pitch at the same time, playing opposite each other, and who could soon be playing together on the same team....

But Villareal are a massive threat, they have played some good football and are certainly the underdogs of the tournament, and the last 2 seasons have proven the underdogs have won the cup...

I think Arsenal will see it out, I think they'll score early on on the break in Spain and coast in from there on in.

Say no more...

_41577732_squirrel_ap.jpg

BM

They are opening up arsenal quite well and looking very dangerous, we could see Villareal win this one, if they get one they stand a good chance...

Latest posts