• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Championship Playoff Finals 15/16

No it's in Warwickshire which is is west Midlands I know it's a lot for someone from Manchester to take in but there is a big piece of England between you and London

Only historically. Its ceremonial county is West Midlands. Anyway.....west!

So out of curiosity where do people live? I'm in Nuneaton in the Midlands, I'd class that as West Midlands by the way.

North Devon and now a brief spell in exotic Mid Devon. As far as English geography goes, its much simpler for us down here. Never heard of Coventry. We have Devon, Cornwall then anything east of Tiverton is up London, anything north of Tiverton is up north.

I'm hoping Bristol go up and stay up, rugby is a lot less exclusive down here so there is a huge player base. Even if its situated at the other end of the peninsula, another top flight club bringing grassroots influence will hopefully nurture and cultivate this resource more than it has been.

Its not been the case in the last few seasons that the morning after a Finals leg I feel happy and comfortable about the situation. Last few years has varied from nerves to being flat out disappointed. Happy with a 15 point lead and the way it was earned, we had an OK but not great first 40 but we grabbed hold of the game and once we got that first try in the second half we owned that game. We looked like we knew exactly what our plan was, which hasn't been the case in previous years (see LW away).

Still not over and I'm certainly not saying its done, Ive watched rugby, and Bristol and Wales especially, long enough to know its never that simple.

Its not been the case in the last few seasons that the morning after a Finals leg I feel happy and comfortable about the situation. Last few years has varied from nerves to being flat out disappointed. Happy with a 15 point lead and the way it was earned, we had an OK but not great first 40 but we grabbed hold of the game and once we got that first try in the second half we owned that game. We looked like we knew exactly what our plan was, which hasn't been the case in previous years (see LW away).

Still not over and I'm certainly not saying its done, Ive watched rugby, and Bristol and Wales especially, long enough to know its never that simple.

That's the way I see it and seems to be the consensus from almost all the comments I've read elsewhere. Well done to Bristol and through gritted teeth (he hasn't exactly done a lot to endear himself or his club within The Championship) Andy Robinson.

Edit: in case the moniker doesn't give it away, I'm from Redruth (Cornwall).

Oh. I thought it meant you were called Ruth and had red hair. My bad. :mellow:

Donnie should of at least had 1 try so far, but are bottling it.

Ref has been a right homer so far IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrell is a bit of a tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Brizzie have secured it now IMO

Last edited:
The real question is, how bloody old is the Doncaster tighthead?! He looks ancient!

Yeah, Donny won't come back from this, especially when you remember how strongly Bristol finished last week compared to Donny.

Do think there's a bit of bottling: Missed kicks at goal that any other week would've been slotted, and the repeated penalties in the corner which eventually led to....a Bristol penalty, and they cleared.

Latest posts