Chiefs vs Blues - FULL game vid

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by umosay, Feb 10, 2005.

1. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Guest

I've never heard anyone ever say they think the PES series is **** simply because the commentary sucked - why? 'cuz it just isn't important when compared to the actually gameplay itself

... if the commentary is the only problem with this game I'll be over the moon

(I'm sure there are some other flaws, but thats not my point... the point is I am going to enjoy this game for what it is - a good attempt at recreating rugby as a computerized game!)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Badboy

Badboy Guest

i totally agree with you guys(canadian rugger and raziel)

4. robbinho

robbinho Guest

I agree. Commentary is not that big a deal. pro-evo's is shite. At least the pronounciations seem to be ok, no COW-----COW----BOOO----KAAAs,
    or CO....

....HENs

5. jimmy44

jimmy44 Guest

actually i agree with you, and yes I know I have also complained. I think people are being hyper crictical because of the travesity that was rugby 2004!! people are fed up of being sold badly made products, and there is a tangeable desparation for a playable rugby game.

However, some people, possibly me included, have gone over board on the critism. Its very easy to tear something apart and ignore the good points. I recon 2005 is going to be great fun. Not perfect by any means, but a good stepping stone to the next installment. Thats all I ask for! [​IMG]

6. Just shut up unless you have played the game for more than 50+ hours.

Subsbligh, couldn't resist. [​IMG]

7. Hi everyone. I've seen the video of Chiefs v Blues in the Rugby 2005 game. It looks great, a massive improvement of Rugby 2004. I think the motion capture is good.

8. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Your right, when it comes down to it the commentary isn't that big a deal, but the fact that all other aspects of the game were improved upon so largely makes seing a commentary that seems almost exactly as horrific as 2004's a little bit of a downer...

9. maddog79

maddog79 Guest

Love the sun effect at about 0:05 seconds....it looks great

10. yeah..good stuff maori's....hey maoris in the game rite?nz maoris that is

11. jimmy44

jimmy44 Guest

Another thing I noticed in the video was the chiefs (player) winning a line out against the head early in the game - good news as I'm sure someone on this forum said it was almost impossible to do. The player doesn't seem to use hand offs, sidesteps very much - interesting see how much they work!

12. Muse_Cubed

Muse_Cubed Guest

They should do Japanese commentary. I own Winning Eleven 6: FE on GC. Commentary is hilarious and high powered:

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL ENGLANDO! OWEN!"

They actually get excited!

13. Badboy

Badboy Guest

Yeah tolly agreed. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    but don't forget other sentences like shutuuuu or offsido

14. 187

187 Guest

the league commentators are bloody awesum at getting the excitement built up.. i luv it the way they pronounce names... like "edinhousen for tHE CORNERRRRRRRR!!!!" it makes the actual moment seem that much more on the edge.. u kno?

15. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

yeeeeesss lisa [​IMG] na jokes

the best is maclarren no doubt!

16. the best commentator ive heard iz ray warren or rabs in the nrl...hes the best...ea shouldve bought him for **** load of cash

17. Wally

Wally Guest

Ah. They're leaguies.

I just had a look at Fifa 2005 before and even though Rugby 2005 looks good it's still a fair bit off Fifa in terms of the lighting, stadiums and sound featured. Although I guess that Chiefs game was only played at Hamilton, not the best venue to showcase the game's abilities.

18. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

wat u mean the sound was a bit fair!

the sound was awesome specially off the hits and everything!

lighting looks awesome they have everything rite in the graphics department!

and the gameplay!

all is needed now is to work on em for yrs to come and liscensing!

19. Wally

Wally Guest

I never said it wasn't good. Just judging from that game at Hamilton it isn't as good as Fifa 2005 in the graphics department. I didn't know they ha lightning. How cool!

20. TheBokke

TheBokke Guest

Hey guys anyone know if the link to download game is down. I have downloaded winrar but know it is telling me that I have don`t have permission to download this file??? Hope someone can help me on this one.

21. jimmy44

jimmy44 Guest

If you havn't already done so, log on as administrator and try it.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!