• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chiefs vs Blues - FULL game vid

I've never heard anyone ever say they think the PES series is **** simply because the commentary sucked - why? 'cuz it just isn't important when compared to the actually gameplay itself

... if the commentary is the only problem with this game I'll be over the moon

(I'm sure there are some other flaws, but thats not my point... the point is I am going to enjoy this game for what it is - a good attempt at recreating rugby as a computerized game!)

I agree. Commentary is not that big a deal. pro-evo's is shite. At least the pronounciations seem to be ok, no COW-----COW----BOOO----KAAAs,
or CO....

....HENs

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Feb 12 2005, 03:50 AM
some of you are so pessimistic its annoying to read your posts. Seriously who really givers a **** about commentary if we have the best rugby game ever made
<

I know I don't. Some of you are so happy to destroy anything good that you try and pick apart the smallest little deficiencies in something. No the commentary is not great but it is definately not hnorrible. Atleast they say things at the right time this time. This is a constantly improving series and is just going to get better and better every year
<
so lets give it a break eh
actually i agree with you, and yes I know I have also complained. I think people are being hyper crictical because of the travesity that was rugby 2004!! people are fed up of being sold badly made products, and there is a tangeable desparation for a playable rugby game.

However, some people, possibly me included, have gone over board on the critism. Its very easy to tear something apart and ignore the good points. I recon 2005 is going to be great fun. Not perfect by any means, but a good stepping stone to the next installment. Thats all I ask for!
<

Originally posted by subsbligh@Feb 11 2005, 05:54 PM
Why are the runners always flatfooted? Is the player really bad, the game on high difficulty or does it simply suck?
Just shut up unless you have played the game for more than 50+ hours.

Subsbligh, couldn't resist.
<

Hi everyone. I've seen the video of Chiefs v Blues in the Rugby 2005 game. It looks great, a massive improvement of Rugby 2004. I think the motion capture is good.

Your right, when it comes down to it the commentary isn't that big a deal, but the fact that all other aspects of the game were improved upon so largely makes seing a commentary that seems almost exactly as horrific as 2004's a little bit of a downer...

Originally posted by Skateboarder1@Feb 12 2005, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone. I've seen the video of Chiefs v Blues in the Rugby 2005 game. It looks great, a massive improvement of Rugby 2004. I think the motion capture is good.
yeah..good stuff maori's....hey maoris in the game rite?nz maoris that is

Another thing I noticed in the video was the chiefs (player) winning a line out against the head early in the game - good news as I'm sure someone on this forum said it was almost impossible to do. The player doesn't seem to use hand offs, sidesteps very much - interesting see how much they work!

They should do Japanese commentary. I own Winning Eleven 6: FE on GC. Commentary is hilarious and high powered:

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL ENGLANDO! OWEN!"

They actually get excited!

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Feb 13 2005, 10:07 AM
They should do Japanese commentary. I own Winning Eleven 6: FE on GC. Commentary is hilarious and high powered:

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL ENGLANDO! OWEN!"

They actually get excited!
Yeah tolly agreed.
<
<
<

but don't forget other sentences like shutuuuu or offsido

the league commentators are bloody awesum at getting the excitement built up.. i luv it the way they pronounce names... like "edinhousen for tHE CORNERRRRRRRR!!!!" it makes the actual moment seem that much more on the edge.. u kno?

the best commentator ive heard iz ray warren or rabs in the nrl...hes the best...ea shouldve bought him for **** load of cash

Ah. They're leaguies.

I just had a look at Fifa 2005 before and even though Rugby 2005 looks good it's still a fair bit off Fifa in terms of the lighting, stadiums and sound featured. Although I guess that Chiefs game was only played at Hamilton, not the best venue to showcase the game's abilities.

wat u mean the sound was a bit fair!

the sound was awesome specially off the hits and everything!

lighting looks awesome they have everything rite in the graphics department!

and the gameplay!

all is needed now is to work on em for yrs to come and liscensing!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 13 2005, 11:37 PM
wat u mean the sound was a bit fair!

the sound was awesome specially off the hits and everything!

lighting looks awesome they have everything rite in the graphics department!

and the gameplay!

all is needed now is to work on em for yrs to come and liscensing!
I never said it wasn't good. Just judging from that game at Hamilton it isn't as good as Fifa 2005 in the graphics department. I didn't know they ha lightning. How cool!

Hey guys anyone know if the link to download game is down. I have downloaded winrar but know it is telling me that I have don`t have permission to download this file??? Hope someone can help me on this one.

Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 15 2005, 02:59 AM
Hey guys anyone know if the link to download game is down. I have downloaded winrar but know it is telling me that I have don`t have permission to download this file??? Hope someone can help me on this one.
If you havn't already done so, log on as administrator and try it.

Latest posts