• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CHOCOLATE. COVERED. BACON.

What I can't understand is people who, to cook streaky bacon, first add butter or oil or other forms of fat to the pan they're going to cook it in. Am I the only one who thinks the bacon has a healthy amount of fat by itself that it doesn't need more?
[/b]
You can never get enough fat if your food, fat= deliciousness and I am all about deliciousness.
No offence, but tha chocolate bacon looks liek ****.
[/b]
Well! I sure am offended! :p

your right leacta. as long as you have non-stick pan, cooking bacon and eggs in itself. however in a normal pan, you might need a slight amount of oil or butter to stop it sticking. but that picture is just excessive

vogels is a kiwi brand of bread, which is the best comercial bread you can buy. full of seeds and grans, and doesnt contan over 25 ingrediants* unlike other bread.

(*and by ingrediants i mean preservatives)

vogels.jpg
Bread_t_Fruit&SpiceExtraThick.jpg

vogel is also dutch for bird. Which is what got me very confused when I first read it :p

I always use non-stick pans badmas (yes, I wriote it like that on purpose), so I never thought of people who used the regular sort of pan. To be honest, I forgot there was anything other then a non stick pan :p

your right leacta. as long as you have non-stick pan, cooking bacon and eggs in itself. however in a normal pan, you might need a slight amount of oil or butter to stop it sticking. but that picture is just excessive[/b]
People, get a grill! Crispy without the fat.

<div class='quotemain'> your right leacta. as long as you have non-stick pan, cooking bacon and eggs in itself. however in a normal pan, you might need a slight amount of oil or butter to stop it sticking. but that picture is just excessive[/b]
People, get a grill! Crispy without the fat.
[/b][/quote]

Very true.

That looks like murder... Seriously, thats right up there with deep-fried Mars Bars as things my heart would most likely hate me for.

A friend of mine prepares his bacon in the oven, just so he wouldn't have to wash up the pan afterwards :p
His system works great, all the fat ends up on the aluminum foil, and he just chucks that out.

We once had a discussion about deep fried mars bars in proficiency, apparantly that's not the only thing you can have deep fried? I never knew it was physically possible to eat a deep fried pizza. Without kicking the bucket instantly after finishing it.

Damn the oil is the best part how could you throw it out? Theres nothing like putting a **** load of butter on the pan when cooking some eggs. Then after soaking the eggs with butter put it on toast which also has a thick layer of melted butter. Oh yeah as for that chocolate bacon I would eat that like potato chips and accept the inevitable heart attack that would happen afterwards.

You missed my point DarkmanX, I mean that bacon has fat of itself, and as soon as you throw it in a hot pan the fat will start melting and it will be greasy on it's own.

An egg has not enough fat content (or am I completely mistaken now?) to just dunk in a pan. Except when you're on weightwatchers and using those special foil thingies.

Yeah well I was just using eggs as an example. I meant food in general but I should have been more clearer I guess.

Wellll, let me tell you what my father eats in the morning:

4 eggs made into an omelette, drowned in sunflower oil and mixed with bacon (the one that doesnt have meat on it, only fat). He cooks it, and then starts mixing the whole content of the pan with a fork, until the yolkes and the fat mix into some kind of mayonaisse.

No chocolate though, but judging by the huge amount of raw fat, that's pretty delicious, don't you think?

PS: He weights about 70kg, so I must inherit the body size gene from my mother, cause if I were to eat only once what he eats in the morning, I'd be 200kg by afternoon and dead in the evening.

4 eggs made into an omelette, drowned in sunflower oil and mixed with bacon (the one that doesnt have meat on it, only fat). He cooks it, and then starts mixing the whole content of the pan with a fork, until the yolkes and the fat mix into some kind of mayonaisse.

No chocolate though, but judging by the huge amount of raw fat, that's pretty delicious, don't you think?

PS: He weights about 70kg, so I must inherit the body size gene from my mother, cause if I were to eat only once what he eats in the morning, I'd be 200kg by afternoon and dead in the evening. [/b]
Ummm how exactly is it bacon when it has no meat on it and only fat?!

<div class='quotemain'>
Ummm how exactly is it bacon when it has no meat on it and only fat?!
[/b]
'Romanian Bacon' [/b][/quote]
aka Fat, therefore I have 'Romanian Bacon' on my steak, chicken, pork, lamb etc.

PS: He weights about 70kg, so I must inherit the body size gene from my mother, cause if I were to eat only once what he eats in the morning, I'd be 200kg by afternoon and dead in the evening. [/b]

Your father must have the highest cholesterol level in his blood ever! And I'm trying to convince my dad not to eat more then two egg yolks a week because he should watch his. 28 egg yolks per week???

Chocolate bacon and brie toastie, it does work just have to be restrained with chocolate and brie, and have loadsa bacon

<div class='quotemain'> ive herd of a steak, with a rich dark, chocolate sauce, which wouldnt be that bad, but chocolate coverd bacon is just plain desgusting.

and in nz at least, it simply wont work. bacon has too higher water content and would make the chocolate seize. so chances are thats dodgie bacon and dodgie chocolate. proberly served to someone whos dodgie. [/b]
Yeah our bacon sounds the same. Real bacon.

USA bacon seems to be narrow, long, thin and over cooked.

Proper bacon rashers are the way to go.
USA (**** bacon):
bacon-2.JPG

bacon.jpg

bacon.jpg

Yeah USA bacon has more fat that meat. They also have what you would call "proper bacon" but they call it "Canadian bacon". Apparently.
Proper bacon is actually a decent meat cut.
[/b][/quote]

It sounds rather gross however i would try it because its so way out that i would have to try it even if it tasted like ****.

Latest posts