B

Bullitt

1.jpg

O

M

G

AWSOME!!!!! :cheers:

See ? :wacko: :blink:

This is the very reason why there is NO "English restaurant" outside England. :lol2tn: :cheers:

I heard of Chicken with Chocolate Sauce (apparantly it's a mexican thing) but that looked as if they toned the chocolate flavour down and used the bitterness of it a bit.

But Chocolate Covered Bacon?? I'll have to agree with Charles.

Famous chocolate covered bacon?

"New"?

Someone's telling porkies...................

This is the very reason why there is NO "English restaurant" outside England. :lol2tn: :cheers:
[/b]
It's got a dollar symbol on it - so I'm guessing ... Australia? Couldn't be the ol' US of A because the stuff they call chocolate isn't really chocolate.

[/b]

Yeah, cause the world is just chocked full of French themed restaurants...

It must be US, they are crazy over there, its the same with the Scots wanting to deep fry everything ....

Haha, I actually tried that last week. It was good, you can really taste the smoke flavor of the bacon. It compliments the chocolate well.

It can't be Australia because the sign measures in "lbs".

No doubt its from the USA. The land of the obese.

I must say though, my mouth is watering...I really really really want to try some of that chocolate covered bacon...

BRING SOME BACK, RC!!!

ive herd of a steak, with a rich dark, chocolate sauce, which wouldnt be that bad, but chocolate coverd bacon is just plain desgusting.

and in nz at least, it simply wont work. bacon has too higher water content and would make the chocolate seize. so chances are thats dodgie bacon and dodgie chocolate. proberly served to someone whos dodgie.

ive herd of a steak, with a rich dark, chocolate sauce, which wouldnt be that bad, but chocolate coverd bacon is just plain desgusting.

and in nz at least, it simply wont work. bacon has too higher water content and would make the chocolate seize. so chances are thats dodgie bacon and dodgie chocolate. proberly served to someone whos dodgie. [/b]
Yeah our bacon sounds the same. Real bacon.

USA bacon seems to be narrow, long, thin and over cooked.

Proper bacon rashers are the way to go.
USA (**** bacon):
bacon-2.JPG

bacon.jpg

bacon.jpg

Proper bacon is actually a decent meat cut.

We don't have proper bacon here in that case :(

Sadly.

I think that what Sambad is describing is what I heard of too. But that sounded like a decent meal.

why not post other examples of food that could spell out 'obesity' with the fat it leaks?

ahh melon -

your proper bacons, are sholder bacon i think, but are a diffrent cut to the american ones you have there, which are streaky bacon.

the thing i cant stand about nz bacon, is that the cheap stuff is sholder and leg bacon, which i cant stand. its got no flavour, apart from salt. way too much preservatives. our sholder bacon is just too processed. i love streaky. which is the american stuff pictured. long, thin, fat isnt overwelming like the other cuts.

however the bacon you have pictured are extremely bias. the bottom two are overcooked, dried up yuck. the top american one is just a bad example. to cook streaky bacon properly. put it in a hot pan, with a lid, and cook untill the bottom is brown. turn, and crack two eggs ontop of the bacon. salt and pepper the eggs (cracked rock salt and black pepper naturally) and lid it. cuck down two peices of vogals and once they have poped, the eggs will be cooked and ready for eating! perfect maths, perfect bacon.

but yeah, moral of the story : dont be jewish, and if you want to enjoy bacon, pay what, $10 for 3 days worth of bacon, and get the honey smoked streaky stuff. the good shite.

I'm wondering what a vogal is.

What I can't understand is people who, to cook streaky bacon, first add butter or oil or other forms of fat to the pan they're going to cook it in. Am I the only one who thinks the bacon has a healthy amount of fat by itself that it doesn't need more?

I'm wondering what a vogal is.

What I can't understand is people who, to cook streaky bacon, first add butter or oil or other forms of fat to the pan they're going to cook it in. Am I the only one who thinks the bacon has a healthy amount of fat by itself that it doesn't need more? [/b]

No you are not the only one. :D

Obviously though, Anglo-saxons have a very vague knowledge of "cuisine" anyway... :bleh!:

Latest posts