• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Christmas Shopping!

O

O'Rothlain

So, It's just after 6am and I and my missus are awake. We're heading to Chicago today to do some shopping in the windy city. It's around a 5 hour drive. They have IKEA there too! So, just going up for the day. Driving back tonight. Crazy? Yes, sort of, but it's a bit of fun to get out of town, and actually do your shopping in a "Downtown" environment.

I know that a lot of brits are flying to New York to shop. Is this the new trend? Traveling to shop? Well, anyway, I won't post on here much today, but wish you all the best as we venture deep into the Christmas shopping season.

santa16mf.jpg

Exchange rate makes it worth while for the Brits to go to NY to do their shopping, more Irish seem to be going over as well, especially as the euro is strengthening against the dollar as well.

As for Christmas shopping, I've been fortunate in one way, with my exams I can just get family members to get my presents for me.

I'd fly to NY to do my Xmas shopping if i could afford the flight.
And the accomodation.

And the xmas presents...

I don't care how good the exchange rates are, you're never going to save money by flying to NY to do your xmas shopping, surely!

I travel into town (£1.20 on the bus) to do my xmas shopping.
Cardiff's good for shops.

Obviously it's not ordinary people we're talking about here but the improvements in the exchange rate are making it more appealing to MORE rich people, in other words it's just giving them an excuse to go to New York.

Havent started to do my christmas shopping yet!!! Cant be bothered....

Lol Online seems the way, but I cant find anything i want to buy people...

a charitable donation in their name is always a good way to go, preferably without the charitable donation, although nobody needs to know that.

a charitable donation in their name is always a good way to go, preferably without the charitable donation, although nobody needs to know that.
[/b]

How devious and deceitful of you, sounds good tho.
I'd be totally ****** if i was ever the recipient of one of those, "A donation has been made in your name..." gifts.

Utter bullshit.
I'm here for the pressies!

got back in last night quite late. Had a great time...spent money. Saw a huge gathering of Saint Nicholauses. I'll post pictures of that later. Purchased a fewer higher end items for my wife.
Chicago is a great city.

well.. i dont buy ppl presents.. i am waiting for my N91 Music Version phone... oh i love that ey! 8gb.. thats more than my current iPod.. lol :p (got a nano)...

well.. i dont buy ppl presents.. i am waiting for my N91 Music Version phone... oh i love that ey! 8gb.. thats more than my current iPod.. lol :p (got a nano)... [/b]

In the words of Borat, I get Ipod, he get Ipod nano, but ipod nano for girls

a charitable donation in their name is always a good way to go, preferably without the charitable donation, although nobody needs to know that. [/b]

You crafty devil!

Latest posts