TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
17481.2.jpg

Danny Cipriani has been excluded from the Melbourne Rebels squad for their two-match South African tour.

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2011/rugby/story/139481.html

Cutting their nose off to spite their face - they were poo without him yesterday, and Hilgendorf is fairly injury prone and f**ked his knee yesterday
Think they'll regret this...

Agree with Olyy on this. Without him the ship is slightly steadier and the 10 channel a bit more secure, but without him they offer very little going forward. He attacks the gain line and really helps his centres pick lines with very flat passing. I think he's a risk worth taking to be honest, unles sits a case of a bad overall attitude and dynamic within the squad. With him their defense might leak a bit but he also scores points, hes a good goal kicker if nothing else.With him id back the rebels to get wins against some of the lesser teams such as the lions, maybe the cheetahs and whoever else, but without Cipriani I think the rebels could be lookign at a bottom two finish in the overall table.

However, he is a liability on defence; he seems to miss more tackles that he makes

On the tour to the Republic they are playing the Bulls and the Cheetahs, both of whom could expose him horribly.

Still disappointing, he won't improve defensively without game-time. Hilgendorf might be a short term solution but they need to work with Cipriani if they want to progress as a team.

However, he is a liability on defence; he seems to miss more tackles that he makes

On the tour to the Republic they are playing the Bulls and the Cheetahs, both of whom could expose him horribly.

It's a good point, but I think he should have at least toured/benched for the matches - as Aedaphon said he's not going to improve without game time, and he's a better go forward FH than Hilgendorf is
Can also play 10/15 so would be useful to have in case of injury - also the best goal kicker the Rebels have got, so in tight games they could miss out through missing penalties and the such

Cipriani may be a bit of a liability in defense, but he is so much better than Hilgendorf in nearly all other aspects of the game (running, passing, tactical kicking, goal kicking), and too be fair Hilgendorf is not overly flash defensively either! Without Cipriani the Rebels really lack any spark at all in their backline, and I'd be surprised if they even get close to the Cheetahs or Bulls.

who is this Cipriani <_< does he drive for Red bull racing?

Ah, first I'd seen of it.

Ill stand corrected thought it was common knowledge :lol:, seemingly not.

I dunno about him staying out, in times gone by nothing would have been said about it ... but then in today's era players cant really enjoy the social aspect of rugby.

I dunno about him staying out, in times gone by nothing would have been said about it ... but then in today's era players cant really enjoy the social aspect of rugby.

The professional era, is it not unprofessional to skip a day's work? Having never worked myself, I wouldn't know. :p

I reckon if he didn't have the reputation when he went out there (which was partly from when he got dropped by England for being spotted at a nightclub, despite only picking up a friend and not out drinking) there wouldn't be such a big deal about it

However he shouldn't keep putting himself in these situations as he knows they're going to come down on him for it

Cipriani

He's got talent but farrk. The night after the first incident Cipriani again went out on the town and subsequently missed training the next day. As a result he has been stood down for the Rebels tour of the Republic. We are starting to discover what English fans have known for a while.

He is a ruffian and a rogue and a menace to society!

Latest posts