• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cipriani

I'm not so sure that Burns will be ahead of Cips and Ford - gut feeling only, but Cips really has been playing very well.

I've happily eaten my words about him earlier in the thread!

He is back to wasps form pre-ankle break, and as such I am one again a fan.

I think the order is: Farrell, Ford, Burns.

But we'll see.

Anyone else notice that Ford is developing a worrying trend of kicking the ball dead?

Anyone else notice that Ford is developing a worrying trend of kicking the ball dead?
I think he does tend to back himself maybe a little too much - not necessarily a terrible thing as he pulls off some spectacular kicks, but as you say, he's knocking a few the wrong side of the whitewash.

One thing I love about Cipriani is his skill with the low-clearance kick - almost grubber like. Can't remember if it was against Gloucester or Bath, but there was a lot of kick tennis, and Danny just took the ball, said "f**k this" and smacked it right between two Bath defenders and it skidded/bounced 50m down the pitch and into touch in the Bath 22m. Handy skill to have, if there's space, as you guarantee it's not going out on the full and can get some real distance on it with the roll/bounce of the ball.

Latest posts